QA worked with LCC to identify a number of development themes central to its organisational goals. By aligning courses to these themes, the learning was able to support the strategic development of LCC's workforce.
The main development themes included:
- Customer Service - Covering the full spectrum of requirements from front line interaction, specialist customer contact, locality working and community engagement
- Management and Leadership Development - Covering the full spectrum of requirements from leadership, soft skills and front-line supervision
- Life Skills - To support front line staff as their jobs require greater flexibility and ability to utilise ICT and to record information and communicate
- Service Innovation - Enhancing the management skills required to deliver change and transformation, supporting professional development in the areas of procurement, contract management, and working in partnerships
- New Ways of Working - Developing new ways to harness technology, working outside of traditional office environments, supporting cultural change
Access to the portfolio of training has been streamlined through the introduction of a Learning Management System. This online resource enables users to access the entire catalogue of available training and eLearning modules, request training and book onto courses. The tool also helps managers to capture and manage associated costs and budget information.
During the contract, training has been delivered using a variety of methods including instructorled, eLearning, and blended deliveries incorporating elements of both. Bespoke eLearning has been produced, aligned to the LCC environment and branded with its colours and logo.