Why choose our Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship?
QA’s Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship develops digital skills and provide the technical grounding needed to become a well-rounded, entry-level programmer.
Junior Developers work as part of a software development team to build simple software components on web, mobile or desktop apps to be used by other members of the team as part of larger software development projects.
QA’s Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Interpret simple design requirements for discrete components of a project under supervision
- Implement code which other team members have developed to produce required components
- Gain the following qualifications upon successful completion of the Junior Developer Level 3 programme:
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- BCS Certificate in Systems Development Context and Methodologies
- BCS Certificate in Programming
Tools and technologies learned
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Success rate for learners on a QA apprenticeship
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
The Junior Developer Level 3 programme
Video to come.
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them apply software development know-how and a wide range of programming languages to real-life scenarios – gaining valuable workplace skills faster. Please find below a timeline of the Junior Developer Level 3 modules, including Python Programming and SQL Basics, Object-Oriented Programming, Web Fundamentals, Agile Software Development, and Cloud Development.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 7 GCSEs total
- English GCSE grade D or above
- Other 6 GCSEs, including Maths, to be C or above
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements
Possible job roles for a Junior Developer apprentice
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Junior Developer, Junior Web Developer, Junior Application Developer, Junior Software Developer, Junior Application Support Analyst, Junior Programmer, Assistant Programmer