Why choose our DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship focuses on implementing and facilitating the use of DevOps practices within a business.
The DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle, automating processes around development, testing and release for continuous integration of new features, and subsequent continuous delivery of a product.
QA’s DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Work as part of a larger team and understand the context of both the development and technical operations aspects of a project in order to streamline communication between teams.
- Interpret design documentation and specifications defined and delivered by specialist members of the team, such as a business analyst or technical architect.
- Understand a combination of strong theoretical DevOps concepts further solidified with industry-standard tooling education in building, containerisation, orchestration and deployment.
- Gain access to a large portfolio of learning for both general-purpose and cloud-vendor specific tooling in AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Explore the developer skills needed for learners to create applications through Python with connected databases, practising TDD and OOP.
Tools and technologies learned
Apprentices learn to use Python, Linux, Google Cloud, Microsoft SQL Azure and AWS.
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Success rate for learners on a QA apprenticeship
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
The DevOps Engineer Level 4 programme
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them to learn, understand and apply DevOps principles in the workplace faster. Here is the timeline for the 18-month DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme, with modules including DevOps Culture and Methodologies, Coding Fundamentals, Networking and Security, DevOps Tooling, DevOps Infrastructure, and DevOps Cloud Specialisation.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
Level 3 Software apprenticeship
OR A-Level in a STEM subject (in Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
OR BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
OR two years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements.
Possible job roles for a DevOps Engineer apprentice
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Automation Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, Deployment Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Full-stack Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Platform Engineer, Reliability Engineer and Site Reliability Engineer.
Download free DevOps Engineer Level 4 resources
The DevOps Engineer programme can be funded using the apprenticeship levy, requiring you to only pay up to 5% of the programme. In addition, the government incentive provides employers with up to £4,000 for each new apprentice hired by 31 January 2022.
What our learners say
Looking to become an apprentice?
Your first step is to apply for one of our apprentice jobs.
Start by clicking here and choose the relevant filter to see our current vacancies:
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 24 hours.