Why choose our Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advance skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Learners will also gain an understanding on advanced programming, systems and software development projects.
Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA’s Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems.
- Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development.
- Develop more advanced applications.
Tools and technologies learned
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Success rate for learners on a QA apprenticeship
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
The Software Engineer Level 4 programme
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them apply programming solutions to a range of real-life scenarios – gaining valuable workplace skills faster. Below are details of the 18-month Software Engineer Level 4 programme and modules, including Introduction to Software Development, Building Responsive Web Applications, Automation and Software Quality, Design and DevOps, Software Craft, and Microservices and APIs.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements.
Possible job roles for a Software Engineer
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Web Developer, Applications Developer, Software Developer, tech talent with some entry-level software development experience, or existing development support staff looking for a step up.