This programme ensures learners gain the key skills required to provide effective user support in a service desk environment, equipping them with core problem solving and diagnostic skills to effectively troubleshoot user issues.
Learners are not expected to have any prior knowledge in this area. The programme provides:
- An in-depth understanding of the key processes and best practices to support user service requests
- A functional understanding of the key technologies commonly supported by a service desk
- A fundamental appreciation of the key concepts and processes of IT asset management and how these processes relate to the service desk function
- An understanding of the approaches employed to provide users with self-service documentation, FAQS and self-help portals and the service desk’s role in maintaining these assets
Level Of Study
SCQF Level 6
Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Technology for IT Support at SCQF Level 6
Awarded by SQA
No set requirements
English Language Requirements
Mode Of Study
Blended and work-based learning
Assessment methods may include a personal reflective statement, workplace observation, witness testimony or professional discussion
Online and work-based
About this course
- PC and Networking Hardware and Peripherals
- Networking Concepts and Administration
- Operating System Administration
- Systems Security
- Fundamental Cloud Principles and Infrastructure
- Help Desk Policies, Procedures and Best Practices
- Typical programme duration 12 months, including access to our online learning platform.
- Apprentices follow QA’s unique methodology, Digital by Design (DxD) - the revolutionary blended learning solution which sets us apart from other providers.
You will be equipped to work in roles such as:
- Helpdesk Support Analyst
- First Line Support Analyst
- IT Support Analyst
- Office Support Technician
- Problem Solving
- Understanding Customer Requirements
- Technical Writing
Technical and Professional Skills Units
- IT Service Requests and Technical Skills Part 1
- IT Support and Technical Skills Part 2
- IT Asset Management
Learners should be given 2-3 working hours per week to dedicate solely to their apprenticeship programme, where they will complete digital learning activities. Over the course of the programme, they will also be required to attend virtual classroom training for a total of 12 days which is typically held in 2-3 day training blocks.
You'll have a whole team behind you to help you get the most out of your apprenticeship, including:
- Your line manager
- A skills coach
- A safeguarding specialist
- A learning support specialist
There are no set entry requirements for learners. The only thing to bear in mind is that your job role must fit your chosen apprenticeship qualification, allowing you to complete the relevant modules. QA will undertake a role-matching exercise to help you.
Digital by Design
What is Digital by Design?
Digital by Design is our unique approach to learning design, with a blended delivery model combining tech, content and support to create a superior learner experience.
This blend of cutting-edge technology, engaging content, compelling design, dedicated, easy to access learner support brings ‘training’ up to date for the digital age.
Its purpose is to create the best possible experience for learners, helping them to deliver meaningful impact to your business, faster. This translates into greater career success, and helps to futureproof organisations for digital transformation.
Courses delivered on DxD also offer access to our world leading learning platform, Cloud Academy.
With over 10,000 hours of training, cutting-edge labs and sandboxed environments, Cloud Academy allows Degree Apprentices to learn by doing, building their confidence and competencies, without the risks of working in a live system.
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 48 hours.