This programme has been designed to provide learners with all the knowledge and performance skills required to support data knowledge development and progression.
Learners do not need any prior experience. This course will enable them to:
- Gain both a theoretical and practical understanding of data sources
- Understand data manipulation and storage
- Identify quality issues and address them using suitable tools and techniques
- Prepare and clean data sets ready for analysis
- Use visualisation tools to support effective data-driven solutions.
Level Of Study
SCQF Level 6
Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Technology for Data Analytics at SCQF Level 6
Awarded by SQA
No set requirements
English Language Requirements
Mode Of Study
Blended and work-based learning
Assessment methods may include a personal reflective statement, workplace observation, witness testimony or professional discussion
Online and work-based
About this course
- Key Programming Languages
- Managing and Cleaning Databases
- Data Visualisation, Manipulation
- Supporting Data-Driven Solutions
- Typical programme duration 12 months, including access to our online learning platform.
- Apprentices follow QA’s unique methodology, Digital by Design (DxD), the revolutionary blended learning solution which sets us apart
from other providers.
You will be equipped to work in roles such as:
- Data Technician
- Junior Data Analyst
- Junior Data Insight Analyst
- Junior Data Visualisation Engineer
- Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
Additional roles to support: finance, sales, operations, and wider business stakeholder roles
- Problem Solving
- Understanding Customer Requirements
- Technical Writing
Technical and Professional Units
- Fundamentals of SQL
- Contributing to Data Manipulation
- Contributing to Data Management
- Contributing to Data Analysis
- Contributing to Data Visualisation and Reporting
Learners should be given 2-3 working hours per week to dedicate solely to their apprenticeship programme, where they will complete digital learning activities. Over the course of the programme, learners will also be required to attend virtual classroom training for a total of 12 days which is typically held in 2-3 day training blocks.
You'll have a whole team behind you to help you get the most out of your apprenticeship, including:
- Your line manager
- A skills coach
- A safeguarding specialist
- A learning support specialist
There are no set entry requirements for learners. The only thing to bear in mind is that your job role must fit your chosen apprenticeship qualification, allowing you to complete the relevant modules. QA will undertake a role-matching exercise to help you.
Digital by Design
What is Digital by Design?
Digital by Design (DxD) is our unique approach to learning design, with a blended delivery model combining tech, content and support to create a superior learner experience.
This blend of cutting-edge technology, engaging content, compelling design, dedicated, easy to access learner support brings ‘training’ up to date for the digital age.
Its purpose is to create the best possible experience for learners, helping them to deliver meaningful impact to your business, faster. This translates into greater career success, and helps to futureproof organisations for digital transformation.
Courses delivered on DxD also offer access to our world leading learning platform, Cloud Academy.
With over 10,000 hours of training, cutting-edge labs and sandboxed environments, Cloud Academy allows Degree Apprentices to learn by doing, building their confidence and competencies, without the risks of working in a live system.
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 48 hours.