Why choose our Data Essentials apprenticeship?
QA’s Data Essentials Level 3 apprenticeship can support your business to be more productive with data and adapt to a modern-day workplace.
Data available to organisations is increasing at scale. How your business leverages it is essential to successful transformation and continued growth.
QA's Data Essentials Level 3 apprentice will learn to:
- Source, format and present data securely using Microsoft Excel. Find out more about our additional Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate module below.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes
- Blend data from multiple sources as directed
- Communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience
- Apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data
QA’s Data Essential Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables your organisation to:
- Build the capabilities you need throughout your organisation to collect, study, organise and present data, increasing digital adoption and the provision of intelligent and valuable business insights
- Create and develop Data Technicians for the modern workplace by reskilling your existing talent, or hiring new entry-level talent. QA’s programmes, partnerships and recruitment capability enable us to tailor a solution that works for your business
- Provide training that acts as a standalone solution or as part of a wider academy/programme to an array of business functions
Tools and technologies learned
Apprentices will learn to use Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
91%of QA apprentices go straight into full-time jobs
2.1 millionjobs in the digital economy
£42,578average skilled digital salary
The Data Essentials Level 3 programme overview
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them apply technical data solutions to a range of real-life scenarios – gaining valuable workplace skills faster.
The typical duration of the Data Essentials Level 3 programme is 14 months, plus a 3-month end-point assessment. View the modules in order below, including Data Mindset in a Digital World, From Data to Insight, Improving Data Quality, Statistics for Decision-Making, Storytelling and Visualisation, and From Data Citizen to Data Specialist.
Additional module: Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate
We are including the MO-200 exam along with the digital resources that is needed to be able to pass the exam. This exam measures competency in the fundamentals of creating and managing worksheets and workbooks, creating cells and ranges, creating tables, applying formulas and functions, and creating charts and objects.
The exam covers the ability to create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets and use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data entry logs.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements
**Technical Requirements: Learners will need to have the latest version of Excel (2021) on their computers to be able to partake.
Possible job roles for a Data Essentials apprentice
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Data Technician, Junior Data Analyst, Data Support Analyst, Junior Information Analyst; any occupation where data is handled.
The Data Essentials programme can be funded using the apprenticeship levy, requiring you to only pay up to 5% of the programme.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Case Study
Looking to become an apprentice?
Your first step is to apply for one of our apprentice jobs.
Start by clicking here and choose the relevant filter to see our current vacancies:
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 48 hours.