We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the development team, in our Edinburgh Technology Hub.
This apprenticeship will give successful candidate a practical introduction to the software development lifecycle as a Software Tester in an FTSE 100 investments and savings firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of technology experiences.
The successful Software Tester Apprentice will be working within cross-functional teams to deliver Quality Assurance across multiple features and projects within the M&G plc.
Testers advance the QA community through sharing of best practice, mentoring others and leading the scenario definition, writing scripts and executing testing both manually and where possible via automation.
- Identifying test scenarios and acceptance criteria for stories and requirements
- Writing and executing manual and automaton test scripts
- Reporting on test results
- Managing risks arising from the test results
- Working in cross-functional teams involving technology and business colleagues
- Actively participating in meetings
- Contributing to and achieving, continuous improvement goals for yourself and your team
- Strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in technology
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Can absorb large amounts of information and use it to determine solutions
- Problem solving way of thinking
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress
- Self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team
- Salary: £9.50 p/h
- Personal and professional development
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- 32 days holiday
- Modern flexible workplace policies
Future Career Progression:
- This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.