- Hardware and software support of desktops and laptops including set up of new equipment
- Maintenance of digital whiteboards, touch screen TVs, projectors
- Printer set up and maintenance
- Set up of users/computers on the network
- Maintain a record of all computer faults ensuring records are updated to keep the end user notified of progress
- Maintain the security of the computer network ensuring staff and students only have access to the relevant areas
- Recover files from the backup for students and staff
- Liaise with engineers as required
- Maintain the telephone system
- PAT testing of all computer equipment across the school
- Update the Asset system as required
- Update all IT procedures as necessary
- Liaise with external providers as required
- Update white lists on filtering system
- Pass problems to 2nd level support ensuring all relevant information has been collected to enable a quicker resolution
- Set up presentation equipment as required
- Support of café cashless system
- Basic network trouble shooting
- The ability to enjoy and thrive in a demanding fast paced environment
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working skills
- Working within agreed parameters and understanding and following instructions
- Sense of humour
- Hard working
5 GCSE’s, grade A-C including English and Maths.
Possibility of full time employment or progression onto a level 4 programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.