We work in an Agile team using a 2 week sprint approach. Team members must be self-starters who will work with a spread of technologies and across the whole system/environment to deliver the sprint objective.
- Always to work towards the sprint objectives.
- To ensure all sprint goals are achieved, and where time permits the highest priorities from the backlog.
- To provide support to the Development, Testing, Customer Service and Sales team.
- Deliver all assignments in an efficient, time effective way.
- Where your responsibilities are complete, to look for tasks that you can work on with the other teams.
- Where you need help with development problems, to research your problem first, them present this in an effective way to the developer supporting you.
Main role and responsibilities:
- New Customers for our core Dwellant service, setting up these customers using our in house tools, and procedures
- Double checking that all items are correct and tested
- New Bespoke customers, developing the branding and UI, for new developments
- Developing local content, and adding and managing documents
- New Branding, and feature projects for existing customers
- Work on projects to support and upgrade our existing customers
- Adopting a proactive approach by asking for tasks, and how you can assist with tasks
- Contribute to planning, development, and implementation of code releases to streamline processes
- Work on both front-end and back-end services
- Testing our products and services from a functional, performance and quality perspective across devices and operating systems to ensure they are fully functional
- Working with the wider IT team of developers to address daily issues and document features and processes
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Working in a team environment and helping achieve team goals
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Strong communications skills
- Analytical mind-set
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for coding
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Core hours are between 8am - 6pm.
8am - 4pm, 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.