Advances in technology, together with globalisation and the desire for better work-life balance have the demand for more and more virtual meetings at work – whether they be by phone, video conferencing or software such as Webex, MS Teams, Skype or Zoom (to name just a few!)
The recent changes have dramatically increased the requirement for virtual meetings, and made them ‘virtually’ unavoidable.
Virtual meetings have all the same challenges as face to face meetings – plus many others, and this course aims to demystify what it takes to run a great, productive virtual meeting.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this session include:
- How do I run an effective virtual meeting?
- How do I structure and control the meeting?
- How do I stop everyone talking over each other?
- How do I make my virtual meetings productive?
This is an interactive and participative virtual workshop where you can share your ideas and learn from others.
- How to interact in virtual meetings to get the most out of them
- How to prepare for virtual meetings and follow up after them
- How to lead/chair virtual meetings that generate value for all
- Welcome and introductions
- Staying in touch – drivers and benefits of virtual meetings
- What’s the agenda?
- Making the most of the technology
- Impact, presence and etiquette
- Keeping attendees engaged
- Summary and action planning