Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
This two-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to produce reports using Report Designer. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use the product features and tools related to data retrieval, visualisations and deployment.
Please note - This course covers Report Designer as part of Visual Studio / SQL Server Data Tools - Business Intelligence(SSDT-BI).
There is no exam or certification related to this course.
This course is intended for end users and IT staff who will produce reports for their organisation, department or group.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. (Use windows explorer / internet explorer (i.e. things like find web page, create a folder); Login (CTRL ALT DELETE); Use a mouse, start menu etc.)
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL and MDX queries would be an advantage but not essential.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Publish reports to a report server
- Create data sources and data sets
- Work with tablix reports
- Work with report visualisations
- Add interactivity to reports
Module 1 : Overview of Report Designer
Module 2 : Adding data sources and data sets
- Use various data sources and data sets including TSQL and MDX
- Set source connection and credentials
- Shared data sources and datasets
Module 3 : Tabular Reports
- Set page and report settings
- Review the different tabular report data regions (table, matrix and list)
- Set textbox properties such as number formatting
- Set table sorting and interactive sorting
- Add groups to columns and rows
- Add a document map
- Add interactivity with expand and collapse using hide and show
Module 4 : Visualisations
- Review chart types available
- Add visualisations to a report: Chart; Gauge; Subreport; Images
- Add maps
- New Visualisations: Sparklines; Data bars; Indicators
- Shared data sets
- Report parts
Module 5 : Interactivity
- Add parameters
- Linked parameters