ProPath has been designed to provide a progressive development structure of best practice certifications, encompassing proven methods and frameworks for planning and directing change, monitoring progress, taking corrective action, and aligning work with an organisation’s strategic objectives. Everything is informed by real-world experience and focused on the delivery of real-world outcomes with a global perspective.
Official AXELOS ProPath diagram
The ProPath certification routes
There are three ProPath routes to choose from:
- ProPath Agile Project Expert
- ProPath Project Expert
- ProPath Programme Leader
From here, you can then progress to ProPath Certified Portfolio Director.
Click on the boxes below to learn more about each path.
AXELOS ProPath Agile Project Expert
Equip yourself to use agile to deliver both projects and programmes with the ProPath Agile Project Expert certification. By attaining PRINCE2 Agile (for projects) and MSP 5th edition (for programmes) you will have the skills needed to positively respond to the increasing need to run change initiatives in a more agile way. Inherent in all of this is risk – as change is constant (never more so than now), so M_o_R provides the framework for managing uncertainty.
AXELOS ProPath Project Expert
Develop the skills to deliver projects and/or programmes effectively with the ProPath Project Expert certification. PRINCE2 provides the project-focused skills, while MSP (5th Edition) provides an approach for running programmes. Having these skills helps enable change initiatives to deliver their benefits in an environment of change and uncertainty.
AXELOS ProPath Programme Leader
Develop the skills for strategic alignment and management of projects, programmes and portfolios with the ProPath Programme Leader certification. Organisations need to be “doing the right things” (portfolio management – MoP) before “doing things right” (programme management – MSP 5th edition). All supported by a function to facilitate effective delivery of projects and programmes (Portfolio, Programmes, Project Offices – P3O). Combining the rigour of P3O, with the big picture focus of MSP and MoP, professionals will demonstrate leadership that inspires and delivers.
AXELOS ProPath Certified Portfolio Director
The ProPath Certified Portfolio Director is the ultimate designation in project, programme, and portfolio management. With this industry-leading endorsement professionals will be able to operate as a key player for change within their organisation. They will use their significant expertise to plan, direct, monitor and correct the course of change – to ensure extraordinary outcomes for their organisation, and for themselves.
To apply to become a ProPath Certified Portfolio Director, you will first need to have earned:
- ProPath Project Expert or ProPath Agile Project Expert
- ProPath Programme Leader
More details on how to apply will be announced later in 2021.
About the qualifications
- PRINCE2 is the best practice approach to running projects. PRINCE2 helps to successfully deliver projects of any size or complexity. Built from a wealth of experience and knowledge, PRINCE2 provides the essentials for managing any project.
- PRINCE2 Agile is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the governance of PRINCE2.
- MSP (5th Edition) is an established best practice programme management framework, designed to align programmes and projects to organisational strategy and enable enterprise agility. MSP focuses on the delivery of outcomes of benefit, while mitigating risk and actively engaging stakeholders. MSP (5th Edition) is agile-enabled providing a structure for organisations who wish to use agile in programme management. All MSP qualifications must be on 5th Edition to qualify for a ProPath designation. If you have 4th edition (before Nov 2020) please contact us to discuss your options.
- Management of Risk (M_o_R) is a route map for risk management to help organisations identify, assess and control risks and put in place effective frameworks for making informed decisions.
- P3O is aligned to PRINCE2, MSP, and M_o_R and brings together a set of principles, processes and techniques to help deliver projects or programmes within an organisation or department.
- Management of Portfolios (MoP) provides a set of principles, techniques and practices to help organisations ensure their programmes and projects contribute to strategic objectives and achieve maximum benefits.