This accelerated 5-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals to build the foundational administration aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment.
Learn about configuring policies, printing and basic security features as well as more advanced topics including Windows Environment Management
(WEM) and App Layering.
Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment.
Also, learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with a Citrix Director and Citrix Analytics.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals new to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-prem or Citrix Cloud environment looking to gain as much information as possible in the 5-day course. In this course, you will learn the considerations and how-to setup a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop site including advanced topics as WEM and App Layering allowing fast-track preparation for the CCP-V certification.
This course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
This course is taught at a much faster pace and experience with previous versions is recommended. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- How to install, configure, and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 site on-premises and on Citrix Cloud including how to migrate from on-premises to Citrix Cloud
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
Module 1: Architecture Overview
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Architecture Overview
- Hosting Platform Considerations
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Connection Flow Process Introduction
Module 2: Deploy the Site
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Citrix Licensing Setup
- Delivery Controller Setup
- Site Setup and Management
- Redundancy Considerations
Module 3: The Apps and Desktops Images
- Consider Master Image Creation Methods
- Master Image Requirements
Module 4: Provision and Deliver App and Desktop Resources
- Learning Objectives
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning Methods and Considerations
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) Deep Dive
- MCS Environment Considerations
- Resource Locations
Module 5: Provide Access to App and Desktop Resources
- Consider Workspace Experience versus StoreFront
- Workspace App
Module 6: Manage the User Experience
- Methods to Manage the User Experience
Module 7: Published App and Desktop Presentation and Management
- Published App Properties
- Server OS Published App Optimizations
- Published App Presentation
- Application Groups
- Apps and Desktops Presentation
Module 8: Manage Printing for User Sessions
- Map Printers to the User Session
- Printer Drivers
- Print Environment Considerations
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- Introduction and Considerations
- Configure Citrix Profile Management
Module 10: Manage the Site
- Delegated Administration
- Power Management Considerations
Module 11: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Basic Security Considerations
- Citrix Admin Security Considerations
- XML Service Security Considerations
- Secure HDX External Traffic
Module 12: Monitor the Site
- Citrix Director Introduction
- Monitor and Interact with User Sessions
- Published Apps Analysis
- Monitor the Machines Running the VDA
- Alerts and Notifications
Module 13: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Introduction to Supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Tools
Module 14: Migrate to Citrix Cloud
- Migration Considerations
- Citrix Cloud Connector Deployment
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with an On-Premises
- Resource Location
- The Migration Process
Module 15: Citrix Analytics
- Citrix Analytics Introduction
- Types of Analytics
Module 16: Introduction to App Layering
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
Module 17: Create an OS Layer
- The OS Layer
Module 18: Create a Platform Layer
- The Platform Layer
Module 19: Create App Layers
- The App Layers
Module 20: : Create Elastic App and User Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Module 21: Deploy a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Module 22: Explore Layer Priority and Maintain an App Layering Environment
- Layer Priority
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Module 23: Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Module 24: Use WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 25: Use WEM for Performance Optimization
- Learning Objectives
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Module 26: Use WEM to Secure Environments
- Use WEM to Secure Environments
- WEM Security Features
Module 27: Migrate and Upgrade WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.