- Yearly updates to the ECMAScript specification since 2015;
- NodeJS's status as a credible server-side runtime.
Stackoverflow’s survey 2019 of over 90,000 developers shows that:
- NodeJS is the most popular framework outside of specific web development technologies. 50% reported it as their most used.
Modern development tools
- Modules (introduced in the ES2015 specification) allows code to be in discrete files. This helps modularity and maintenance. Modern browsers can already handle modules.
- Tools like Webpack bundle and minify modules. This makes code download and run faster. Code is easier to deploy.
- Code compilation and ‘transpilation’ means that code can run across platforms. Developers don't need to write many versions. Babel is the most common tool for this.
- NodeJS was top of the list of 'Most Wanted' non-web specific frameworks, tools and libraries.
How can QA help you?
Click here to find out about hiring a software developer apprentice.