QA's SEND provision and Specialist Learning Consultants
What is SEND?
SEND stands for special educational needs and disabilities.
A SEND learner is someone who has a diagnosed learning difficulty and/or disability (LDD). This could include dyslexia, dyscalculia, autistic spectrum conditions, mobility and dexterity, hearing impairment, ADHD, and more.
These learners could have a Statement of Educational Needs (SENs), Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDAs), or Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
However, it also refers to those with a diagnosed LDD but without SENs, LDAs, or EHCPs, as well as those with an undiagnosed LDD – we call this a learning need (LN).
QA's Specialist Learning Consultants
QA has a designated team of experienced and qualified Specialist Learning Consultants who support learners with learning disabilities and/or difficulties. Both diagnosed and undiagnosed learning disabilities and/or difficulties can be supported.
Support is offered to ensure learners are not disadvantaged by any barriers that would impact on their learning.
Learners are supported on an individual face-to-face or remote basis, with a tailored plan to meet their individual needs.
Support can be for a limited time or for the whole of the duration of learning, depending on the learner’s need.
Our Specialist Learning Consultants:
- creates 360º support plans mapped to learner’s individual needs with accompanying reviews.
- conducts remote, one-to-one and workshop support individualised to meet the learner’s needs.
- collates evidence of reasonable adjustments/extra exam arrangements.
- works collaboratively with Skills Coaches and Tutors.
- offers advice and guidance for clients and employers regarding LDD/LN.
QA's Safeguarding Team
QA also has a designated Safeguarding Team to provide support for learners with safeguarding concerns. Read about our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures here.
QA work with external partners to ensure learners with Mental Health concerns are supported on a monthly basis by trained professionals.
QA's SEND provision is:
- in compliance with the Equality Act;
- adhering to statutory guidance, SEND Code of Practice 2015;
- ensuring we meet external agencies' objectives, eg Ofsted EIF, and Matrix.