This workshop is designed to prepare delegates for the Business Analysis Oral Examination. Success in the Oral Examination leads to the award of the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
We advise delegates to book onto this course a couple of weeks before the real oral event, wherever practical, so that delegates have time to prepare themselves further if necessary.
- Delegates should have passed each of 4 written examinations as specified by the ISEB requirements for the Business Analysis Diploma scheme. Ideally delegates will have already registered with the BCS to take the actual Oral Examination.
- Delegates should review their written examination course notes before attending this event. Also it is highly desirable that delegates obtain and review the BCS publication 'Business Analysis' by Debra Paul et al prior to attending the course.
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or email@example.com
Please note: If taking the Oral exam at a later stage, Photo ID must provided (Driving License, Passport and named work ID badges are all acceptable). This a BCS requirement and delegates will be turned away from the examination if Photo ID is not produced.
The workshop is a loosely structured day with an interactive style, which will cover the following topics. The focus will be on 'oral style' questions and answers, covering the content of the BA Oral Examination syllabus.
- Introductions and overview of the workshop
- Main features of the Oral Examination - process and content
- Review of ISEB's guidelines for the Oral Examination
- Review of the Oral Examination Syllabus - mandatory topics
- Review of the Knowledge based specialism subjects applicable to the delegates in the workshop*
- Review of the Practitioner specialism subjects applicable to the delegates in the workshop*
* If there is a wide variety of distinct modules taken in the workshop, these topics will be dealt with in a generic fashion.
Business Analysis International Diploma Pathway
After taking 2 Core, 1 Knowledge-based, and 1 Practitioner course, there is a final exam needed to achieve the certification.