This course is designed to provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
While some topics are specialist in nature, others are valuable to all practitioners. Regardless of organisational role, everyone has authority, even if it is limited to personal direction.
Everyone should plan. And everyone should be contributing to, if not leading, improvement.
This course explores and explains principles, methods and techniques that can be universally used to direct, plan and improve.
This course will also provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
- Individuals responsible for designing, planning, reviewing and improving products and services
- Individuals responsible for managing transitional changes, inc. validation and release of new services and products
- Managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
As part of the course, delegates will be prepared for and take the ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve module examination. The exam is a ‘closed book’ examination, 90 minutes in duration and consists of 40 multi-choice questions. Successful candidates will need to score 28 or more out of 40 to pass.
- Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan & Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of Governance, Risk and Compliance and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of communication and organizational change management to direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
ITIL® 4 qualification scheme
ITIL® 4 provides an emphasis on the business and technology world, how it works today, and how it will work in the future with agile, DevOps and digital transformation.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.