Black Friday Deals – hurry, ends soon!
Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the PeopleCert are offering remotely proctored online exams for all candidates. Once registered by the QA exam administration team you will receive an exam registration email directly from PeopleCert. This email will contain the necessary instruction on how to schedule your exam.
***Please note that due to the current high demand for online exams, there may be limited time slots available. Delegates are invited to contact Peoplecert directly regarding the provision of additional sessions. We would recommend delegates follow this process and re-access the live calendar regularly as Peoplecert will add additional sessions where demand dictates. ***
Management of Portfolios (MoP) provides advice and examples of how to apply principles, practices, and techniques that together enable the most effective balance of organisational change and business as usual. Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of portfolio management, the course engages with the students to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MoP.
The MoP Practitioner qualification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realisation. It is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of management boards and Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Portfolio, Programme, Project, Business Change, and Benefits Managers
- Business Case writers and project appraisers
Candidates must hold the MOP Foundation Certificate.
Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam. For any queries on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
The objective of the course is to prepare students for the MoP Practitioner level examination. To confirm understanding of the MoP™ principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles and documentation. A successful Practitioner delegate should be able to apply and understand how to tailor MoP effectively. And, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices, techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio. Specifically delegates should be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- Plan the implementation of portfolio management
- Select and adapt MoP principles, practices and techniques to suit different organisational environments
- Evaluate examples of MoP information (including documents and role descriptions)
- Analyze the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario.
Module 1 Examination Overview
- An overview of the MoP Practitioner exam - length, number and type of questions, etc
Module 2 Implement, sustain and measure
- Identify appropriate approaches when implementing, sustaining, and measuring portfolio management for a given scenario
- Analyse whether recommended approaches to implementing, sustaining, and measuring portfolio management have been undertaken appropriately in the context of a given scenario, with reasons
Module 3 Portfolio definition cycle
- Apply and tailor the practices and techniques of the portfolio definition cycle to a scenario
- Identify appropriate practices and techniques within the portfolio definition cycle
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of portfolio definition practices and techniques to a scenario
Module 4 Portfolio delivery cycle
- Apply and tailor the practices, techniques and responsibilities of the portfolio delivery cycle to a scenario
- Identify appropriate practices and techniques within the portfolio delivery cycle
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of portfolio delivery practices to a scenario
- Analyse whether the approaches adopted are appropriate, with reasons, in a given scenario
Module 5 Roles and documentation
- Apply and tailor MoP to a scenario.
- Identify appropriate application of the main portfolio management roles identified in MoP
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of the syllabus area to a scenario.
- Analyse whether, the specified roles have been involved appropriately, with reasons
- Identify appropriate information, using typical contents, for inclusion in the relevant portfolio documentation
- Analyse whether the portfolio documentation is fit for purpose, with reasons
All delegates will be given the opportunity to sit the MoP Practitioner examination in the morning of the second day of the course. The MoP Practitioner exam consists of:
- 80 multiple choice questions
- 3 hours
- Candidates require a minimum of 40 correct answers (50%) to pass.
MoP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.