The Implementing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCNX) v1.0 course gives you a detailed understanding of the Cisco® Nexus switch platform and teach you how to install, configure, and manage Cisco Nexus® switch platforms in a scalable, highly available environment. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on labs, you will learn how to describe various aspects of the Cisco Nexus product families and platforms, including implementation, management, security, programmability and storage. Additionally, you will learn how to configure device aliases and zoning, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and N-Port Identifier Virtualization (NPIV), and N-Port Virtualization (NPV) modes.
How you'll benefit
This course will help you:
- Describe, implement, configure, and manage Cisco Nexus product families and platforms, including redundancy protocols and security features, in a scalable environment
- Gain valuable hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus products in a lab setting
- Develop expertise with the Cisco Nexus product families and platforms
- Be familiar with Cisco data center technologies
- Understand networking protocols, routing, and switching
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the platforms that make the Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 3000, and 2000 product families
- Describe Cisco Nexus platform implementations
- Explain Cisco Nexus platform management
- Describe Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Configure First Hop Redundancy protocols
- Configure security features of Cisco Nexus devices
- Describe the Cisco Nexus devices routing and forwarding
- Describe Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN)
- Describe Quality of Service (QoS) on Cisco Nexus Devices
- Explain system management and monitoring processes
- Describe Cisco NX-OS programmability
- Describe Cisco Nexus storage services
- Configure device aliases and zoning
- Configure FCoE
- Configure NPIV and NPV modes
- Describing Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- Describing Cisco Nexus Platforms Implementation
- Describing Cisco Nexus Platforms Management
- Describing Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Configuring First Hop Redundancy Protocols
- Configuring Cisco Nexus Security Features
- Describing Cisco NX-OS Routing and Forwarding
- Describing Virtual Extensible LAN
- Describing QoS on Cisco Nexus Devices
- Configuring System Management and Monitoring
- Describing Cisco NX-OS Programmability
- Describing Cisco Nexus Storage Services
- Configuring Fibre Channel Over Ethernet
- Describing Device Aliases and Zoning
- Configuring NPIV and NPV Modes
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.