The Implementing Cisco Collaboration Conferencing (CLCNF) v1.0 course focuses on Cisco® on-premises conferencing architecture and solutions. You will gain knowledge and skills to design and implement common conferencing deployment scenarios of Cisco Meeting Server, its integration with call control features such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Expressway, and other Cisco collaboration conferencing devices.
This course offers lessons and hands-on labs to prepare you for the 300-825 Implementing Cisco Collaboration Conferencing (CLCNF) exam.
This course will help you:
- Learn how to configure and troubleshoot on-premises conferencing solutions with Cisco Meeting Server.
- Integrate on-premises conferencing solutions with other collaboration components to meet the needs of modern-day workplaces.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- PC skills
- Addition and management of devices and users in Cisco Unified CM
- SIP signaling fundamentals
- Video endpoint operation and configuration
- Management of media resources in Cisco Unified CM
- Familiarity with Cisco Expressway ideal but not required
- Familiarity with APIs ideal but not required
Recommended Cisco offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Understanding Cisco Collaboration Foundations (CLFNDU)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (CLCOR)
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Cloud and Edge Solutions (CLCEI)
Who should attend
- Deployment engineer
- Network engineer
- Sales engineer
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Cisco conferencing architecture including cloud, hybrid, and on-premises conferencing
- Describe the physical deployment options and deployment models for Cisco Meeting Server, including Cisco Meeting Server 1000, 2000, and virtual machine
- Configure a Cisco Meeting Server single combined deployment for Web-Real Time Communications (WebRTC) endpoints within the enterprise
- Use APIs and the Cisco Meeting Server API Guide to configure profiles using Postman and the Webadmin API tool
- Configure a scalable and resilient deployment of Cisco Meeting Server with three servers for WebRTC endpoints within the enterprise
- Configure a scalable and resilient deployment of Cisco Meeting Server to support standard Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and WebRTC connectivity outside the enterprise
- Configure a scalable and resilient deployment of Cisco Meeting Server to support recording and streaming of conferences
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Meeting Server to support Rendezvous, Scheduled, and Ad-hoc conferencing for Cisco Unified CM registered endpoints
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server to integrate with a preconfigured on-premise Microsoft Skype for Business installation
- Install Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (Cisco TMS) and Cisco TelePresence Management Suite for Microsoft Exchange (Cisco TMSXE) on a single Microsoft Windows 2012 server and connect to an existing SQL environment
- Install and integrate Cisco Meeting Management with Cisco TMS and Cisco Meeting Server
- Set up and manage a scheduled conference with Cisco TMS and Cisco Meeting Management
- Capture and analyze logs from Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Meeting Manager to diagnose faults, including a SIP connection error
Detailed Course Outline
- Describing Cisco Conferencing Architecture
- Configuring a Single Combined Deployment
- Installing Cisco Meeting Server
- Using APIs with Cisco Meeting Server
- Configuring a Cisco Meeting Server Scalable and Resilient Deployment
- Configuring Business to Business (B2B) and WebRTC Firewall Traversal Connectivity for Cisco Meeting Server
- Configuring Recording and Streaming with Cisco Meeting Server
- Troubleshooting Cisco Meeting Server
- Integrating Cisco Meeting Server with Cisco Unified CM
- Integrating Cisco Meeting Server with Microsoft Skype for Business
- Installing and Operating Cisco TMS and Cisco TMSXE
- Installing and Integrating Cisco Meeting Management
- Cisco Meeting Server Initial Configuration
- Cisco Meeting Server Single Combined Deployment
- Install a Cisco Meeting Server Virtual Machine
- Using Postman with Cisco Meeting Server
- Using Cisco Meeting Server Webadmin API Tool
- Cluster Cisco Meeting Server Databases
- Cluster Cisco Meeting Server Call Bridges
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server Distributed Spaces and Active Directory
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server Scalable and Resilient Web Bridges
- Configure External WebRTC Connectivity for Cisco Meeting Server
- Configure External B2B Connectivity for Cisco Meeting Server
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server Recording
- Capturing Log Files in Cisco Meeting Server
- Troubleshoot Cisco Meeting Server
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server Integration with Cisco Unified CM Using a SIP Trunk
- Configure Cisco Meeting Server Integration with Cisco Unified CM as a Conference Resource
- Install, Upgrade, and Maintain Cisco TMS and TMSXE
- Configure Cisco TMS for Scheduled Conferences
- Manage Endpoints in Cisco TMS Part 1
- Manage Endpoints in Cisco TMS Part 2
- Cisco Meeting Management Initial Installation
- Integrate Cisco Meeting Management
- Manage Conferences in Cisco TMS and Cisco Meeting Management
- Specific Lab Issues
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.