This course bridges the gap between Project Management and Business Analysis. It will extend the Project Manager's viewpoint to understand and facilitate excellent analysis and high quality requirements to deliver a fully formed solution, as well as delivering the project.
Many different roles are required within a Project Team: two of the most important roles are the Project Manager and the Business Analyst.
A Business Analyst understands business change needs, assesses the impact of those changes, captures, analyses and documents requirements and then supports the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties.
Like Project Managers, Business Analysts must be great communicators, tactful diplomats, problem solvers, thinkers and analysers - with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in rapidly changing business environments.
Whilst a lot of Project Managers have been on formal training courses such as PRINCE2®, APM and PMI®, not many have had formal business analysis training which would help them and their organisations deliver more successful projects.
The course will be right if you:
- Are a Project Manager who works with/is thinking of working with Business Analysts
- Are a Project Manager who needs to integrate business analysis activities into your project planning
- Are a Project Manager who would like to understand how your projects can be even more effective through planning and execution of a business requirements framework
- Delegates have worked as Project Managers
- Delegates should be familiar with formal Project Management and have worked as a Project Manager in some capacity to get the most benefit from this course.
- No previous formal Business Analysis experience is necessary
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the depth and breadth of a Business Analysis role and how it complement Project Management
- Appreciate the similarities and differences between Business Analyst and Project Manager roles
- Understand how the holistic view helps the Business Analyst to facilitate high quality, workable solutions that support the business need
- Plan your projects to include requirements analysis
- Understand requirements engineering
- Conduct and support requirements elicitation activities
- Categorise and analyse written requirements
- Conduct requirements validation that will support the business need
- Look beyond the delivery of the project to pre- and post-project activities, including UAT and implementation considerations
This interactive 3 day course uses a Case Study driven workshop approach to enable delegates to gain confidence in the use of well proven techniques in the areas defined above. It provides a good basis on which to extend the Project Manager's viewpoint of Business Analysis.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.