You know what cloud computing is, right? You hear about it all the time but do you really know what it is, what it’s made up of and what it means for you and your organization?
You probably use cloud services every day, at home and at work – things like Apple iCloud, Netflix, Twitter, Siri, Skype, WhatsApp, Office 365 and Salesforce CRM to name just a few. So, whether you’re involved in sourcing IT services, need to understand the cloud to make your business area work more efficiently or just want to know about what the cloud is, this course is for you.
Although not essential, before you complete this course it would be helpful if you have a basic understanding of server hardware components and what a data center is.
After completing the Cloud Literacy course, you will know:
- What the cloud is, and the different types of cloud service models.
- The key business benefits of cloud services.
- The primary risks and opportunities when using cloud services, including the security implications.
- What virtualization is and how it relates to cloud computing.
- The role DevOps and cloud computing play in business transformation and agile ways of working.
- The important implications for migrating services to the cloud.
Module 1 – What is the Cloud
- Servers and data centers
- The cloud demystified
- The cloud ‘as a service’
- Benefits of cloud services
Module 2 – Virtualization and Deployment
- Cloud deployment models
Module 3 – Business Implications
- Cost considerations
- Security and legal implications
- People management
Module 4 – Cloud Development
- Agile, DevOps and the cloud
- Application mindset and practices
- Migrating to the cloud