This 5-days, hands on course will provide learners with an in-depth exploration of the Apple operating system - macOS. Using a mixture of trainer-led presentations and hands-on exercises, learners will set their computers up from scratch; configure settings and explore the latest features; and learn how to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Some knowledge of macOS would be ideal but not necessary.
Delegates will learn how to
- Install, deploy and configure macOS
- How to manage differ user accounts in macOS
- Understand and configure built-in security features
- Managing the macOS file systems
- Configure and troubleshoot macOS networking
- How to manage macOS with Mobile Device Management solutions
- Installing and troubleshooting applications
- macOS peripheral management
- Manage and troubleshoot the boot process
Installing, deploying and configuring macOS
- Installing macOS on a new Mac
- Deployment options for macOS
- Using internet recovery to rebuild a Mac
- Reinstall macOS from installer app
- Using beta versions of macOS via Apple Seed for IT
- Understanding System Preferences on macOS
- Configuring macOS Content Caching
- Understanding macOS user types
- Creating local Admin users
- Creating local Standard users
- Resetting local passwords
- Binding macOS to Microsoft Active Directory
- Logging on with network user accounts
- Authenticating to Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Understanding macOS Keychain
- macOS Permissions
- Using macOS Find My options
- Managing Activation Lock
macOS file systems
- Understanding Apple File System (APFS)
- Managing macOS File Vault
- Managing external volumes
Managing and troubleshooting network configurations
- Configuring macOS network settings
- Using Terminal commands to manage network configurations
- Troubleshooting macOS network issues
Managing macOS with Mobile Device Management
- Understanding the role of Mobile Devices Management in macOS
- Installing Profiles for device management
- Troubleshooting device enrolment issues
Installing and troubleshooting apps
- Installing apps from the App Store
- Understanding Rosetta Stone 2 role in running Intel Apps
- Installing Intel apps on a Mac with Apple silicon
- Installing iOS/iPadOS apps on a mac with Apple silicon
- Troubleshooting apps on macOS
- Understanding System Extensions
- Using Activity Monitor to troubleshoot apps
Troubleshooting the macOS boot process
- Understanding the Intel Mac boot process
- Understanding the Apple silicon boot process
- Troubleshooting boot issues
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.