Congratulations on your new role!
Understandably you want to hit the ground running but may feel unsure how to do a really great job. Many people in your situation feel the same way.
Common concerns we hear include:
- How will I know what to focus on to be a successful manager?
- How will I build trust with my new team?
- How will I get the best out of individuals and produce a high performing team?
- How will I know I am doing a good job?
Management positions often come with little guidance.
This highly interactive workshop uses tried and tested approaches to give managers the essential skills they need.
We want to help you make your new role a success.
This course is aimed at those aspiring or new to a supervisory or first line management role. Managers who have been in post for up to 12 months but have had no formal training will also benefit.
Delegates will be required to complete a mandatory online Belbin® assessment and to capture their thoughts on being a manager prior to attending the workshop.
- use essential management tools to achieve great results
- engage, motivate and develop your team
- avoid the potential traps you could fall into
- recognise and overcome likely challenges you will face
- identify opportunities for quick wins
- demonstrate what effective management looks, sounds and feels like
•Leadership versus management
•Stages of team development
•Styles of leadership
•How people learn
•The manager's role in learning
•What motivates people
•Goal and objective setting
•Delivering effective feedback
•The transition curve
•Two in-depth case studies to test learning