Create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed where all people in the portfolio can effectively execute as one, unified team.
In this two-day course, you will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
You will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of the portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state.
You’ll be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit.
The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
There are around 3 hours of mostly video-led learning – supported by additional reading – that will be accessed through SAFe studio. An account will need to be set up for this, but all instructions and support will be provided. This will be sent to all learners approximately 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Learners are required to have a familiarity with Agile concepts and principles.
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of LPM
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
- Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What attendees get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM) 6.0 certification exam
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio
- One certification exam attempt
Attendees must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name: LPM (6.0) - SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within SAFe Studio upon completion of the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 77%
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- A SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager 6.0 digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership, which includes access to the SAFe Studio platform.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.