The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and later and non-Windows devices. This knowledge can be gained from attending course MD100 'Microsoft Windows Client'. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Plan, develop, and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy.
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
- Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration.
- Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy.
- Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS.
- Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data.
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing Identities in Azure AD
- Lab : Managing identities in Azure AD
- Lab : Using Azure AD Connect to connect Active Directories
- Describe the enterprise desktop lifecycle.
- Describe the capabilities of Azure AD.
- Manage users using Azure AD with Active Directory DS.
- Implement Windows Hello for Business.
- Join devices to Azure AD.
- Manage Device Authentication
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Intune
- Lab : Manage Device Enrollment into Intune
- Lab : Configuring and managing Azure AD Join
- Lab : Enrolling devices into Microsoft Intune
- Configure and join devices to Azure AD
- Configure device enrollment in Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Enroll devices in Endpoint Configuration Manager and Intune
- Configuring Device Profiles
- Managing User Profiles
- Lab : Configuring Enterprise State Roaming
- Lab : Creating and Deploying Configuration Profiles
- Lab : Monitor device and user activity in Intune
- Describe the various types of device profiles in Intune
- Create, manage and monitor profiles
- Manage PowerShell scripts in Intune
- Explain the various user profile types that exist in Windows.
- Explain how to deploy and configure Folder Redirection.
- Configure Enterprise State Roaming for Azure AD devices.
- Implement Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Deploying and updating applications
- Administering applications
- Lab : Configure App Protection Policies for Mobile Device
- Lab : Deploying cloud apps using Intune
- Lab : Deploy Apps using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Lab : Deploy Apps using Microsoft Store for Business
- Describe the methods for application management.
- Deploy applications using Endpoint Manager and Group Policy.
- Configure Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy Office365 ProPlus using Intune.
- Manage and report application inventory and licenses.
- Protecting Identities in Azure AD
- Enabling Organization Access
- Implement Device Compliance Policies
- Using Reporting
- Lab : Creating device inventory reports
- Lab : Configuring and validating device compliance
- Lab : Configuring Multi-factor Authentication
- Lab : Configuring Self-service password reset for user accounts in Azure AD
- Describe Windows Hello for Business
- Describe Azure AD Identity Protection
- Describe and manage multi-factor authentication
- Describe VPN types and configuration
- Deploy device compliance and conditional access policies
- Generate inventory reports and Compliance reports using Endpoint Manager
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Managing Microsoft Defender in Windows Client
- Lab : Configuring Endpoint security using Intune
- Lab : Configure and Deploy Windows Information Protection Policies by using Intune
- Lab : Configuring Disk Encryption Using Intune
- Describe the methods protecting device data.
- Describe the capabilities and benefits of Windows ATP.
- Deploy and manage settings for Windows Defender clients.
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- On-Premise Deployment Tools and Strategies
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Describe the tools for planning a deployment.
- Deploy Windows clients using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Deploy Windows clients using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Deploying New Devices
- Dynamic Deployment Methods
- Planning a Transition to Modern Management
- Managing Virtual Desktops
- Lab : Configuring Co-Management Using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 with Autopilot
- Deploy Windows 10 using Autopilot
- Configure OS deployment using subscription activation and provisioning packages
- Upgrade, migrate and manage devices using modern management methods
- Updating Windows Clients
- Windows Update for Business
- Desktop Analytics
- Endpoint Analytics
- Lab : Managing Windows 10 security and feature updates
- Describe the Windows client servicing channels.
- Configure a Windows update policy using Group Policy settings.
- Configure Windows Update for Business to deploy OS updates.
- Use Desktop Analytics to assess upgrade readiness.
- Use Endpoint Analytics to monitor user experience and assess Windows 11 readiness
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.