The Managing HPE 3PAR StoreServ II course is designed for the experienced HPE 3PAR administrator. The goal of the class is to acquaint the 3PAR administrator with additional topics and features of the HPE 3PAR array. The class is intended to be a follow-up to the Managing HPE 3PAR StoreServ I course.
This training reflects the newest release of the HPE 3PAR OS: 3.3.1. The course is approximaely 60% lecture and 40% hands-on labs using HPE 3PAR arrays
- An understanding of general storage concepts
- Successful completion of the Managing HPE 3PAR StoreServ I course
- Operator level functionality in a Windows environment
HPE 3PAR administrators who desire additional training on the advanced features of the HPE 3PAR array.
Delegates will learn how to
At the conclusion of this course the student should be able to:
- Work with Dynamic Optimization to change volumes characteristics (media type, raid level, etc.)
- Work with Adaptive Optimization to implement virtual volume tiering to save storage costs
- Work with Priority Optimization to prioritize higher priority workloads over lower priority workloads
- Use Remote Copy to replicate data between arrays
- Understand the Peer Persistence high availability feature when used in conjunction with Remote Copy
- Migrate data between arrays using Peer Motion in a Storage Federation
- Introduction to the Dynamic Optimization feature and its benefits: changing raid levels, media types and set sizes using DO
- Dynamic Optimization use cases: cost, availability, and performance
- Using SSMC and the CLI to tune a volume’s user space and copy space
- Performing a DO tune and converting a volume simultaneously
- Dynamic Optimization troubleshooting: performing a Restart and Rollback
- Introduction to the Adaptive Optimization feature and using AO to balance performance and cost
- Dynamic Optimization vs. Adaptive Optimization
- Components of AO: the 128MG region, region movement,region analysis
- AO sizing goals and the AO algorithm
- Configuring AO and managing AO using the SSMC GUI and the CLI
- Monitoring AO and looking at AO effectiveness
- AO latency thresholds
- AO best practices
- AO reports in SSMC
- Introduction to Priority Optimization and Quality of Service implementation
- Priority Optimization use cases
- Priority Optimization: how it works
- Priority Optimization configuration using SSMC and the CLI
- Priority Optimization using Priorities and the System Busy level
- Using Latency Goals with Priority Optimization
- Performance considerations and Priority Optimization
- Priority Optimization monitoring using SSMC and CLI commands
- Introduction to replication principles and Remote Copy
- Replication using RCIP and RCFC protocols
- Replication and thin provisioning, dedup, and compression
- Remote copy groups and data integrity
- Remote copy modes: Synchronous, Periodic Asynchronous,and Async Streaming
- Replication using Remote Copy between three arrays using Synchronous Long Distance modes
- Remote Copy configurations: One-to-Many, Many-toOne,and M-to-N
- Remote Copy failure scenarios
- Failing over a remote copy group
- Remote copy configuration and administration usingSSMC and the CLI
- Introduction to Peer Persistence and using Peer Persistence with Remote Copy
- Using Peer Persistence for disaster tolerant data and load balancing
- Performing an Automatic Transparent failover using Quorum Witness or a Manual Transparent failover
- Quorum Witness details and requirements
- Failover scenarios with Peer Persistence
- Peer Persistence path management
- 3DC (3 Data Center) Peer Persistence
- Peer Persistence vs. Synchronous Long Distance
Storage Federation with Peer Motion
- Data Migration concepts using Peer Motion
- Bi-directional migration using Storage Federation
- Migration of data using Peer Motion using SSMC
- Storage Federation use cases and features
- Storage Federation supported configurations
- Migration of data using the PMU CLI
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.