Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the PeopleCert are offering remotely proctored online exams for all candidates. Once registered by the QA exam administration team you will receive an exam registration email directly from PeopleCert. This email will contain the necessary instruction on how to schedule your exam.
***Please note that due to the current high demand for online exams, there may be limited time slots available. Delegates are invited to contact Peoplecert directly regarding the provision of additional sessions. We would recommend delegates follow this process and re-access the live calendar regularly as Peoplecert will add additional sessions where demand dictates. ***
This four-day interactive course provides delegates with a clear understanding of the guidance designed to help maximise value within the achievement of programme and project objectives and the delivery of key stakeholder requirements.
Through attending this training course delegates will be able to assist their organisations to focus on maximising value by implementing principles that will help to:
- achieve transformational change more quickly
- contribute to an improvement in decision-making and policy-making
- meet the need to do more with less and to balance the increasing demands with available resources without compromising on quality
- maximise returns on investments.
This course includes the Foundation and Practitioner level examinations.
This course is aimed at individuals who have no prior knowledge or experience and who wish to acquire sufficient knowledge to enable them to contribute positively to any project or improvements in the operational environment. It will further equip these delegates to take the Management of Value Foundation (MOVF) and the Management of Value Practitioner (MOVP) examinations.
The course will be equally beneficial to anyone responsible for, or supporting portfolio, programme, or project management in the public or private sectors operational efficiency improvement initiatives.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects, programmes or an operational environment prior to attending the MOVF course.
There is no prescribed pre-course reading required.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand a proven methodology comprising a unique set of principles, processes and techniques, and in particular how:
- to clarify their organisation's objectives and value priorities
- MoV® can be applied within an operational environment
- to organise and contribute to MoV® studies
- the tailoring and embedding of MoV® within an organisation can be approached
The MOV Foundation and Practitioner course uses relevant case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MOV. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Introduction to MoV
Delegates are introduced to the world of the Management of Value and to the overall structure of MOV.
- What is value
- What is MoV
- Why it is needed
- Its place in the Cabinet Office Best Practice Guidance
- Its relationship to other management methods
The 7 MoV Principles
MOV operates within a universal set of principles that can be applied to any environment. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which MOV is based and include:
- Align with organisation's objectives
- Focus on functions and required outcomes
- Balance the variables to maximise value
- Apply throughout the investment decision
- Tailor to suit the subject
- Learn from experience and improve performance
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and build a supportive culture
The 7 MoV Processes
The seven MOV processes provide a clear plan for implementing the outputs and monitoring their effective delivery.
- Frame the programme or project
- Gather information
- Analyse information
- Process information
- Evaluate and select
- Develop Value Improving Proposals
- Implement and share outputs
This part of the course covers the MoV specific techniques and common techniques that are frequently used with MoV.
The implementation, embedding and need for embedding MOV into an organisation is covered here and includes:
- Planning MoV activities
- Responding to external and internal factor.
- Portfolio, Programme, and Project considerations
- Operational considerations
- Embedding MoV into an organisation
MOV Foundation Examination
All delegates will sit the MoV® Foundation examination, which consists of:
Key exam information:
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
Throughout the MOV Foundation course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
MOV Practitioner Examination
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm that you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor MoV in a scenario situation. The experience of the individual, the level of support available and the complexity of the situation to which MoV is to be applied will be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question - all question items are worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- Duration 2 ½ hours
- Open book exam - only the MOV manual is permitted to be used
- 50% pass mark
For further information on Management of Value, visit the MoV Official Site at www.axelos.com/mov
MoV® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.