OverviewThis course introduces and explains the IMS Database Recovery facility (DBRC). Combining both formal classroom tuition with hands-on practical sessions, this course will enable attendees to perform database recovery and protect database integrity using the tools available.
PrerequisitesA good working knowledge of IMS and its implementation and administration within their own organisation. Familiarity with z/OS control programs and VSAM (KSDS & AMS) is also required.
Delegates will learn how to
- describe the constituent parts of DBRC
- process DBRC records
- describe the data-sharing environment
- register databases and their data sets
- define & register data set groups, data groups & recovery groups
- explain the interaction between utilities
- describe HALDB implementation & migration
- use GENJCL
- use DBRC in a production environment
- carry out DBRC problem identification & resolution
- carry out RECON maintenance
- exploit the DBRC API.
OutlineDBRC Installation & SetupLog & Database RegistrationUtility Interaction - Backup, Recovery and ReorganisationDatabase Sharing ControlHALDB Implementation and MigrationUsing GENJCLDBRC in ProductionRECON Maintenance, Backup and RecoveryDBRC Problem Diagnosis and ResolutionDBRC API ExploitationIntroduction to DBRC Parallel RECON Access
Please complete this form and we'll be in touch