The Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (DCACI) v1.0 course show you how to deploy and manage the Cisco® Nexus® 9000 Series Switches in Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI®) mode. The course gives you the knowledge and skills to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI mode, how to connect the Cisco ACI fabric to external networks and services, and fundamentals of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) integration. You will gain hands-on practice implementing key capabilities such as fabric discovery, policies, connectivity, VMM integration, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (300-620 DCACI), which leads to CCNP® Data Center and Cisco Certified Specialist – Data Center ACI Implementation certifications.
Who should attend
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Data Center Engineer
- Consulting Systems Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrators/Partners
- Field Engineer
- Server Administrator
- Network Manager
- Storage Administrator
- Cisco integrators and partners
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of networking protocols, routing, and switching
- Familiarity with Cisco Ethernet switching products
- Understanding of Cisco data center architecture
- Familiarity with virtualization fundamentals
These are the recommended Cisco learning offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) or Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices: Accelerated v3.0 (CCNAX) or Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 3.0 (ICND1) & Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 Version 3.0 (ICND2)
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU) or Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) & Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco ACI Fabric Infrastructure and basic Cisco ACI concepts
- Describe Cisco ACI policy model logical constructs
- Describe Cisco ACI basic packet forwarding
- Describe external network connectivity
- Describe VMM Integration
- Describe Layer 4 to Layer 7 integrations
- Explain Cisco ACI management features
This course will help you:
- Gain skills and hands-on practice implementing Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI mode
- Prepare for the Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (300-620 DCACI) exam
- Qualify for professional-level and expert-level data center job roles
Introducing Cisco ACI Fabric Infrastructure and Basic Concepts
- What Is Cisco ACI?
- Cisco ACI Topology and Hardware
- Cisco ACI Object Model
- Faults, Event Record, and Audit Log
- Cisco ACI Fabric Discovery
- Cisco ACI Access Policies
Describing Cisco ACI Policy Model Logical Constructs
- Cisco ACI Logical Constructs
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding
- Bridge Domain
- Endpoint Group
- Application Profile
- Tenant Components Review
- Adding Bare-Metal Servers to Endpoint Groups
Describing Cisco ACI Basic Packet Forwarding
- Endpoint Learning
- Basic Bridge Domain Configuration
Introducing External Network Connectivity
- Cisco ACI External Connectivity Options
- External Layer 2 Network Connectivity
- External Layer 3 Network Connectivity
Introducing VMM Integration
- VMware vCenter VDS Integration
- Resolution Immediacy in VMM
- Alternative VMM Integrations
Describing Layer 4 to Layer 7 Integrations
- Service Appliance Insertion Without ACI L4-L7 Service Graph
- Service Appliance Insertion via ACI L4-L7 Service Graph
- Service Graph Configuration Workflow
- Service Graph PBR Introduction
Explaining Cisco ACI Management
- Out-of-Band Management
- In-Band Management
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Configuration Backup
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
- Role-Based Access Control
- Cisco ACI Upgrade
- Collect Tech Support
- Validate Fabric Discovery
- Configure Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Create Access Policies and Virtual Port Channel (vPC)
- Enable Layer 2 Connectivity in the Same Endpoint Group (EPG)
- Enable Inter-EPG Layer 2 Connectivity
- Enable Inter-EPG Layer 3 Connectivity
- Compare Traffic Forwarding Methods in a Bridge Domain
- Configure External Layer 2 (L2Out) Connection
- Configure External Layer 3 (L3Out) Connection
- Integrate Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) With VMware vCenter Using VMware Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS)
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.