- Do you want to get the best out of your teams?
- Would you like to be able to support your people with structured coaching?
In today's competitive environment the pressure on managers to get the best out of people continues to grow - one way of achieving this is through coaching. Coaching is extremely cost effective and reaps great rewards, providing the coach understands the process and obtain the necessary skills.
This CMI Approved course will improve your understanding of the coaching process, develop your coaching skills and enable you to introduce coaching back in the workplace.
You'll benefit from this course if you are a manager who needs to coach your team members to maximise their effectiveness.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define coaching and describe the coaching cycle
- Identify what helps and what hinders the coaching process
- Enhance your skills as a coach including the use of feedback to help individuals develop
- Develop the confidence to encourage people to solve their own work problems
- Recognise coaching opportunities to develop staff
What will the CMI Approved course cover?
- Why manage performance?
- What is coaching?
- How does coaching compare with other systems?
- The characteristics of a good coach.
- The spectrum of coaching skills.
- What do coaches do?
- Key coaching skills: building rapport, contracting, questioning and listening skills, observing and analysing, giving feedback.
- Selecting a coaching style - the skill/will matrix.
- The GROW model of coaching.
- Conducting a coaching session.
- Instant coaching
- Evaluating your coaching.
- Putting it all together
- Completion of a personal action plan.