Tailored sessions are available on key topics from this course. Please contact us for further details.
Workplace challenge: Work in separate areas, both geographically and structurally and need to create content and thrive together as a team?
Office 365 solution: Use Outlook Online, Groups, Skype and Teams to connect with people more effectively.
This course is part of a series focussing on using Office 365 apps in the working environment. With connecting to content and colleagues as its main theme, this course introduces Outlook Online, Groups, Skype for Business and Teams to show how they can be used to create content and communicate with colleagues.
An Office 365 user who needs to explore the online apps available in Office 365 to learn how they can be used to connect with people.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Outlook is required.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Work with Outlook Online email, calendars, people and tasks
- Create Groups and use them to communicate with colleagues
- Use Skype for Business to connect with colleagues using chat and meetings
- Create Teams and Channels
- Connect to colleagues using Teams
Module 1: Outlook Online
- Topic A – Overview of Outlook Online
- Topic B – Working with Email
- Topic C – Using the Calendar
- Topic D – Shared Calendars
- Topic E – People
- Topic F – Setting Outlook Options – Signature, Rules, Automatic replies
Module 2: Office 365 Groups
- Topic A – Introduction to Groups
- Topic B – Creating Groups and Setting Options
- Topic C – Communicating using Groups
- Topic D – Managing Groups as an Owner
Module 3: Skype For Business
- Topic A – Skype for Business Overview
- Topic B – Viewing and Setting Presence Information
- Topic C – Working with Contacts
- Topic D – Instant Messages with Skype for Business
- Topic E – Meetings, Presentations and Sharing
Module 4: Microsoft Teams
- Topic A – Teams Introduced and Described
- Topic B – Creating and Joining Teams
- Topic C – People and Channels
- Topic D – Chat
- Topic E – Meetings