Managing HP StoreOnce Backup Solutions covers the HP StoreOnce backup products, including the single node appliances, the clustered appliances, and the Virtual SAN Appliance (VSA). In this course we discuss the range of products in the product line, and explain concepts, installation, and use. The course includes hands-on labs using HP StoreOnce appliances. This course is updated to include the new, advanced features of the products.
- Basic Windows administration experience and
- Basic understanding of SCSI, iSCSI, RAID, fibre channel, Backup, and SAN technologies
StoreOnce customers, HP Services field engineers, call center personnel, presales and channel partners, and other field personnel who provide installation and/or operational support assistance
Delegates will learn how to
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the major hardware and software components of the StoreOnce Product line
- Describe important StoreOnce product concepts
- Explain the importance and advantages of deduplication
- Configure StoreOnce devices for initial use
- Create Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL) and NAS shares
- Configure replication between two StoreOnce devices
- Configure Catalyst Stores
- Perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance procedures
Module 1: Product Introduction
- StoreOnce backup systems
- New StoreOnce product features and benefits
- HP StoreOnce family comparison
- Features in HP StoreOnce 6000 models
Module 2: Virtual Tape Libraries
- HP StoreOnce (D2D) backup systems
- Choosing VTL vs NAS
- Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL)
- iSCSI and fibre channel connections to VTL
- Flexible emulations
Module 3: Catalyst
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst overview and API
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst in Data Protector
Module 4: NAS Shares
- NAS shares and server configuration
- CIFS authentication methods
- StoreOnce NAS limitations
Module 5: HP StoreOnce Deduplication
- Deduplication: what is it and key benefits
- Deduplication: data locality and ratios
- Housekeeping and scheduling
- Limiting housekeeping Windows
Module 6: Installation
- Installing the StoreOnce devices
- Available connections
- Installation of 6000
Module 7: Web Management Interface
- HP StoreOnce - web management GUI login
- HP 6000 - web management GUI
- HP StoreOnce - web management GUI - VTL, interface, NAS shares and replication
- Managing NAS shares - active directory
Module 8: High Availability with b6000 Cuplets
- Terminology and basic concepts
- High availability with autonomic failover
- Node failover
- Systems network configuration
- Network bonding
- b6000 node failback and CLI commands
Module 9: Replication
- Definition and replication granularity
- Replication fan-out and fan-in
- Bi-directional replication
- Seeding the replication target
- Replication recovery
- Making replication targets visible to host
- NAS replication and 'seeding'
- VTL and NAS replication and configuration
Module 10: StoreOnce Enterprise Manager
- Reporting Capabilities
- Deployment of StoreOnce VSA
Module 11 Catalyst Advanced Features
- Teamed Catalyst
- Catalyst over Fibrechannel
Module 12: Best Practices
- General best practices
- Flexible emulations best practices
- StoreOnce replication best practices
- NAS share best practices
- Physical tape offload methods
Module 13: Troubleshooting
- Power / boot and connection problems
- Disk errors and warnings
- Backup or disk space problems
- Miscellaneous issues
Installation of the StoreOnce VSA
Security Pak Features
Advanced Networking Features
Introduction to StoreOnce Recovery Manager Central
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.