- General knowledge of networks and wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
- Wireless network engineers
- Sales engineers
- Network designers
Delegates will learn how to
- Implement network settings to provide a secure wireless network infrastructure
- Implement a secure wireless client and troubleshoot wireless client connectivity issues
- Implement and troubleshoot QoS in wireless networks
- Implement and troubleshoot advanced capabilities in wireless network services
- Use Cisco Identity Services Engine, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Cisco Connect Mobile Experience to streamline network management
- Improve operations efficiency, and enhance consistency of network services
- Implement, secure and configure a tailored Cisco wireless network infrastructure
- Earn 40 CE credits toward recertification
- Discovery 1: Lab Familiarization (Base Learning Lab)
- Implement Secure Access to the WLCs and Access Points
- Configure the Network for Access Point 802.1X Authentication
- Discovery 2: Configure Secure Management Access for WLCs and APs
- Use Cisco DNA Center for Controller and AP Auto Install
- Implement Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Discovery 3: Add Network Devices and External Resources to Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Discovery 4: Customize Cisco Prime Infrastructure for Network Monitoring
- Discovery 5: Configure 802.1X Port Access for the APs
- Define Network Troubleshooting Techniques
- Troubleshoot Access Point Join Issues
- Discovery 6: Capture a Successful AP Authentication
- Monitor the Wireless Network
- Configure the Cisco WLC for Wireless Client 802.1X Authentication
- Configure the Wireless Client for 802.1X Authentication
- Discovery 7: Implement AAA Services for Central Mode WLANs
- Configure a Wireless LAN for FlexConnect
- Discovery 8: Implement AAA Services for FlexConnect Mode WLANs
- Implement Guest Services in the Wireless Network
- Configure the Cisco WLC for Centralized Web Authentication
- Configure Central Web Authentication on Cisco ISE
- Discovery 9: Configure Guest Services in the Wireless Network
- Implement BYOD
- Discovery 10: Configure BYOD in the Wireless Network
- Implement Location-Aware Guest Services
- Troubleshoot Client Connectivity
- Describe Issues That Affect Client Performance
- Discovery 11: Capture Successful Client Authentications
- Discovery 12: Configure Cisco CMX Facebook Wi-Fi
- Monitor Wireless Clients
- Implement QoS in the Wireless Network
- Configure the WLC to support voice traffic.
- Discovery 13: Configure QoS in the Wireless Network for Voice and Video Services
- Optimize Wireless Utilization on the Cisco WLC
- Implement Cisco AVC in the Wireless Network
- Discovery 14: Configure Cisco AVC in the Wireless Network
- Discovery 15: Configure mDNS in the Wireless Network
- Implement Multicast Services
- Implement mDNS Service
- Implement Cisco Media Stream
- Troubleshoot QoS Issues in the Wireless Network
- Troubleshoot mDNS Issues
- Troubleshoot Media Stream Issues
- Discovery 16: Capture Successful QoS Traffic Marking in the Wireless Network
- Implement Base Location Services on Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Implement Hyperlocation in the Wireless Network
- Implement Detect and Locate Services on Cisco CMX
- Implement Analytics on Cisco CMX
- Implement Presence Services on Cisco CMX
- Monitor and Locate Rogue Devices with Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco CMX
- Discovery 17: Configure Detect and Locate Services on Cisco CMX
- Monitor and Detect Wireless Clients with Cisco CMX and Cisco DNA Center
- Run Analytics on Wireless Clients
- Troubleshoot Location Accuracy with Cisco Hyperlocation
- Monitor and Manage RF Interferers on the Cisco WLC
- Monitor and Manage RF Interferers on Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco CMX
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.