Our Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship combines high-quality classroom training with online learning, coaching and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills.
Our programme builds a solid foundation of practical skills integral to becoming competent in fast-paced digital marketing roles. Learners will develop knowledge, skills and behaviours aligned to the Digital Marketer apprenticeship standard, being able to apply them in context.
On successful completion of the programme the following qualifications are gained:
- BCS Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
- Principles of Coding (BCS KM1)
- Marketing Principles (BCS KM2)
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ)
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- The learner must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Ideally have planned apprenticeship offers substantive new skills and knowledge in their existing or new role
Job role suitability if already in employment:
To help determine whether this programme is suitable for the learner you must be able to answer “yes” to the following questions.
- Will they have the opportunity to build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms, gaining exposure to campaigns from start to analysis?
- Will they use a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing objectives?
- Will they have the opportunity to apply at least two of the following specialist areas: Search marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click?
- Will they analyse and contribute information on the digital environment to inform short and long term digital communications, strategies and campaigns?
- Will they respond to enquiries using online and social media platforms?
- Will they measure and evaluate the success of digital marketing activities?
Note: Speak to your QA Account Manager for more advice on eligibility and job role/existing staff suitability for this programme.
Apprentices need apprenticeship programmes that resonate with their day-to-day life. In keeping with this - we have innovated through technology and digital content creation to deliver a ‘high tech, high touch’ approach to blended learning.
High-quality learning content on the go. We deliver “mobile-first” education – this means learning can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device.
This programme teaches skills in:
- Understanding of web design, social media and SEO
- Email marketing
- Information security
- Data management and analytics
- Content marketing
- Digital and social media strategy implementation
- Customer relationship management
- Market segmentation
- Customer lifecycle
The programme will give businesses the opportunity to provide a personal development plan for employees and get increased value from the programme.
This Level 3 programme enables learners to gain experience in key areas in digital marketing, whilst building a solid foundation upon which to progress their development.
Empowering roles like:
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Campaign Executive
- Social Media Executive
- Content Coordinator
- Email Marketing Assistant
- SEO Executive
- Analytics Executive
During the programme learners are required to spend 20% of time at work on off-the-job learning.
The knowledge modules in our Digital Marketer Level 3 apprenticeship introduce the fundamental digital marketing skills learners need. Our face-to-face training workshops and online learning develops the core set of skills apprentices must be able to complete to be competent in their role.
As part of their programme apprentice’s will complete:
- Four knowledge modules introducing marketing theory and practical skills through a combination of online learning and practical classroom workshops.
- A work-based portfolio showcasing how apprentice’s demonstrated the skills they’ve learnt in real work projects.
- An end-point assessment – consisting of a synoptic project and an interview to ensure they’ve met the learning outcomes of the programme.
To ensure all apprentices can do these skills consistently well, we’ve designed modules with the following learning outcomes:
Module 1: Digital Marketing Business Principles
Learners are required to complete fundamentals prior the module training.
The purpose of this week is to provide learners with an understanding of the different areas of digital marketing through activities related to their knowledge of the area.
This will give the learner the core understanding of the industry and also the foundation for the subsequent weeks.
Syllabus areas in this week include:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimisation and Pay Per Click
- Content Marketing, Copywriting and Content Management Systems
- Mobile Apps
The learner will then continue working on their portfolio development with their skills coach in the workplace and prepare for module 2.
Module 2: Marketing Principles and Exam (BCS KM2 Marketing Principles)
Learners are required to complete fundamentals prior to attending the training week. The purpose for this module is for the learner to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of digital marketing principles, strategies and techniques.
Throughout the module, learners will gain understanding in order to support the multiple choice exam at the end of the module along with being able to embed the understanding into practice on returning back to the workplace, this supports the summative portfolio development needed for end point assessment.
Syllabus areas in this module include:
- Understanding and applying basic marketing principles
- Understanding the role of customer relationship marketing
- Understanding how teamwork can be effective in delivering digital marketing campaigns accordingly
- Understanding and applying the customer lifecycle
- Understanding the main components of digital and social media strategies
Module 3: Google Analytics Individual Qualification
The Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) is a demonstration of proficiency in Google Analytics that is available to any individual who has passed the Google Analytics assessment.
Qualified users will be effective at leveraging Google Analytics in their organisations and helping others to do the same. Learners can earn the certification through Academy for Ads, Google’s online training programme.
To become Google Analytics certified, learners will need to pass the Google Analytics assessment.
When you set up an Academy for Ads account, you’ll get access to the Google Analytics assessment.
The Google Analytics certification assessments are available in 19 languages.
Module 4: Coding Principles and Exam (BCS KM1: Principles of Coding)
Learners are required complete Coding principles fundamentals prior to attending training module.
The purpose for this week is for the learner to understand the main components of coding and the principles behind it, in order to recognise and understand the use of coding within the digital marketing industry.
Learners will also understand how users interact with the code on different digital platforms. The week will conclude with the exam for BCS KM1: Principles of Coding.
Syllabus areas in this module include:
- Understanding the components involved to make the web work
- Understanding and appreciate logic
- Gain awareness of and recognise software language
- Understanding the compatibility of code on different platforms
- Preparation for the exam.
- Exam for BCS: Coding Principles
For more information download the handout
NOTE: this programme is available in England. If you are based in Scotland click here (Digital Marketing SCQF 6 Apprenticeship Programme)
To contact us for more information please fill in the form below.
Our apprenticeship programmes
This apprenticeship programme is part of a wider offering, ranging from Level 3 apprenticeships all the way to Level 7 Masters degrees.