- Implementing rules/files for customers using our in-house logical rules-writing computerlanguage.
- Becoming an expert in our in-house rules-writing language and helping to improve it by developingever more sophisticated algorithms and techniques.
- Maintaining and correcting rules files in response to changing customer requirements.
- Adhere to the company’s development and quality standards and style conventions
- Providing support for our customers by email and telephone.
- Good IT skills
- Organised, methodical with good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and written
- Excellent time keeping and administrative skills
- Ability to communicate by email/phone in a polite, concise and precise manner
- Reliable and dependable
- Minimum grade 5 in GCSE Maths and English,
- And/or 3 A-Levels, minimum grades C and above, preferably a STEM subject but other A-Levels will be considered.
Starting at £12,000 per annum -- increasing to £15,000 per annum. [on completion]
Minimum of 37.5 hours per week/Monday to Friday,core hours between 9:00am-5:00pm.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Opportunities for sustained and permanent employment
- 25 days paid holiday
- Free private parking
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.