Main role / Overall purpose:
- Supporting in the completion of tests
- Debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Supporting the team in reviewing system requirements and tracking quality assurance metrics.
Key Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Supporting our quality assurance through completing manual testing.
- Reporting on test results and providing status reporting on all test activity.
- Supporting in the creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Working closely with our development and client services teams to improve our product offering.
- Understanding of Git version control.
- Knowledge of GitLab.
- Experience of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- String attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking)
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A-levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject;
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject;
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject;
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a ‘similar subject’ this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
We empower our employees to think big and do great work by offering a positive work culture and rewarding benefits.
- Dedicated social areas around the office
- Learning encouraged at every level
- Access to online training courses
- Dog friendly office
- Birthday day off (to celebrate, of course!)
- Remote Working & Flexible Hours – the flexible hours will not apply to the learner at first and will be able to benefit from those depending on the performance throughout the apprenticeship.
- Regular Team Socials & ping pong tournaments
- Recognition to highlight and reward achievements
- Employee referral program
The apprentice will get the opportunity to progress onto a level 7 apprenticeship with the employer.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.