LCS Group have proven experience in developing academy talent from apprenticeship level through to qualified engineers and they are now looking for their next intake of Academy Network Engineers to join their successful and growing team.LCS Group are looking for a confident individual to join their expanding technical team with the opportunity to learn methods to deploy business networks and support infrastructure for a wide range of businesses. As a managed service provider, LCS Group has a diverse customer base ranging from micro businesses to corporate clients. They are looking for outgoing and confident individuals who have a strong desire to continue learning and who aren’t scared to use their initiative within the workplace.The Academy Network Engineer will have a unique opportunity to work in an agile team without the limitations of large organisations, giving them access to configure network hardware and equipment from day one along with a diverse range of software platforms. On the job training will be provided by a team of Microsoft & ZyXEL accredited network engineers with additional vendor training provided on top of the apprenticeship elements as part of a 2-year program.
If you are passionate about IT and have the drive and ambition to further your academic studies whilst gaining invaluable first hand technical experience within a reputable and successful IT organisation then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Waste no time in applying today!
Main roles / responsibilities:
The Academy Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ad-Hoc PC & Network Equipment Setup & Site Installation
- Monitoring of infrastructure alerts and resolution activities
- Work assisting on infrastructure replacement projects under a dedicated project manager
- Remote and onsite customer support of Windows environments, network infrastructure & third-party applications
- Proactive server maintenance
- Security compliance checking
- VoIP & hybrid telephony infrastructure installation and support activities
- Office 365 / Azure Administration & Support
Desired skills and qualities:
In order to be successful throughout this process, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience or passion in PC hardware, building machines and installing operating systems
- Networking devices in a home or learning environment
- Willingness to learn new skills throughout apprenticeship and beyond
- Confident communication skills
- Outgoing personality with the ability to work as part of a team but the passion to use their own initiative in the workplace
- Ability to multi task between work and apprenticeship studies
- Having a driving license is highly desirable, but not essential
Due to this role being suited to a Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship, the desired qualifications include:
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Oran Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Oran International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.