Purpose of the Role is to deliver a high quality technical support and IT assistance across all areas of the business, thereby allowing end users to fullybenefit from operating technically sound and issue free technology
Value Added / Impact:
- Enabling communication across the business, both internally and externally via telephone, email and other relevant software
- Employees who benefit from fit for purpose technology that suits the business needs are therefore able to add value to the organization
- Robust IT and Infrastructure process and procedures
- To provide users across the business with excellent 1st and 2nd line support and customer service
- The administration of the IT service desk and triage of tickets
- Ownership of mobile fleet
- Technical support of remote workers
- Software support across all business
- Maintaining the asset register
- Prioritise and respond promptly and effectively to assigned Service Desk Tickets, demonstrating and performing effective Incident Management disciplines
- Ordering equipment in line with Capex processes and procedures
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops;
- Installation of authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Managing assigned tasks, incidents, changes, project tasks and activities through to required standard;
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures towards continual improvement - ensuring all key information is maintained centrally and fed back to the Service Desk
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Attend team meetings and provide contribution towards continual improvement and highest level of service
- Qualification in a Computing related field or able to demonstrate relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Desktop Technologies and applications
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written)Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Communicates Effectively (Foundation) - using appropriate questioning techniques, and active listening to facilitate the exchange and flow of information in a concise way to suit the audience and achieve the right results.
- Teamwork & Collaborative Relationships (Foundation) - developing effective working relationships at all levels across the business to achieve goals through sharing info and feedback, respecting and supporting the others’ ideas, co-operating and negotiating.
- Drive & Delivery (Foundation) - a persistent focus and determination to achieve results, take the initiative, see it through to completion and make a difference.
- Personal Flexibility (Foundation) - maintaining effectiveness in different situations, changing tactics and improving skills in an ever changing environment.
- Makes quality decisions and solves problems (Foundation) - gathering and analysing information to identify the problem, finding creative, workable and timely solutions in a pragmatic and sequential manner to meet business objectives and customer needs.
- Must have 5 GCSEs A-C grade including Maths and English
Potential full time role once you have completed your apprentices
Working Hours: 37.5 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.