You will provide high quality, administration and logistical support for our managed learning service clients. The primary function of the Apprentice is to be a first point of contact for our customer first stage queries, dealing with those queries and escalating where necessary. We aim to resolve all customer queries first time and deliver a fantastic experience every time.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- After training, respond to first line queries that come in to the Customer Centre from internal and external customers
- Action queries where appropriate and escalate when needed
- Deliver excellent customer experience through communication of progress to the customer and by putting the customer needs at the forefront of every activity
- Work with you line manager to understand the wider QA business and liaise with other department to solve queries when needed
- Follow the existing QA Process documents for first stage Customer transactions, amending where appropriate
Desired skills / Personal qualities:
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Methodical and accurate approach
- Proven ability to focus on detail
- Self-motivation with initiative and drive
- Excellent telephone manner, clear and effective communication skills
- Good team player and wants to learn
5 GCSE's, A*-C grade - including Maths & English.
9am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday,
37.5hrs per week.
£12,500 per annum.
- You can look forward to dress down and early finishes every Friday
- This is a company that supports it's employees
- Although we have over 1700 employees, the environment has a family feel which is shared by our Senior Directors
- Private Pension
- 25 days holiday
- 2 days paid Charity work each year for a charity of your choice (which we actively encourage)
- 3 days of additional training which does not need to be relevant to your role from our very own course selection (1,200 to be precise)
- Cycle to work scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.