The Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) v1.0 course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to position, plan, implement, operate, and manage a Cisco WLAN network. This course teaches you how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks on a Cisco WLAN network of any size.
Who should attend
- Network engineer
- Systems engineer
- Wireless engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Network administrator
- Wireless design engineer
- Network manager
We recommend but do not require that you have the following knowledge and skills before taking this course
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
Delegates will learn how to
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe and implement foundational wireless theory
- Describe and implement basic wireless security and client access
- Describe and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Configure Cisco centralized wireless networks
- Describe and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
This course will help you:
- Learn the skills, technologies, and best practices needed to manage a Cisco WLAN network
- Understand and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Design and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting solutions
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Theory
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Math and Antennas
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Operation
- Describing and Implementing Basic Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing 802.1X and EAP
- Implementing Wireless Guest Access and Configuring Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Wired Support
- Configuring Cisco Centralized Wireless Networks
- Describing and Implementing WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Explore the Physics of Wi-Fi
- Explore the Wi-Fi Environment
- Analyze Wireless Frames
- Configure Client Access
- Configure the Wired Infrastructure
- Configure a Centralized Cisco WLC Deployment
- Configure a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Configure an IPv6 Operation in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Optimize RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
- Perform Centralized Controller Maintenance
- Use Troubleshooting Tools
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.