Enable continuous value flow by aligning technical strategy with business goals, communicating that strategy to development teams, and applying Agile architecture practices.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe® Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems of systems while supporting SAFe execution.
You should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and either have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending or have practical experience of working in a SAFe environment. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
Delegates will learn how to
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect, you should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during PI Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
During this two-day course, you will explore through discussion, group work and simulations the following topics:-
- The benefits and motivations for implementing the Kanban method.
- The values and principles of Kanban
- Value Stream Mapping
- STATIK approach to designing a Kanban System
- Six General practices:
- Limit WIP.
- Manage flow.
- Make policies explicit.
- Establish feedback loops.
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally.
- Overview of Kanban meetings
- Utilizing key metrics for continuous improvement
What attendees get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Architect 6.0 (ARCH) certification exam•
- One–year membership to SAFe Studio
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name: ARCH (6.0) - SAFe® for Architects
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within SAFe Studio upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 71%
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Architect certificate
- A SAFe® Architect 6.0 digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership, which includes access to the SAFe Studio platform.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 24 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.