Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. If you are planning a move to Citrix Cloud or starting out anew, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to understand, manage, and deliver successfully. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Learn to configure the access layer as a service within Citrix Cloud, as managed machines in your datacenter, or on the Azure platform.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Current Release and Citrix Cloud service.*
*Citrix Cloud services are updated frequently with new features and improvements, Course content may not always reflect the latest features.
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Experience deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in on-premises environment.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktopswith Microsoft Azure Active Directory
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Securing Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Citrix Cloud with Multiple Domains
Module 3: Introduction to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Deployment Models
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using
- On-Premises Resources with MCS
Module 4: Managing the Citrix Virtual Apps and mDesktops Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Services
Module 5: Providing Access in Citrix Cloud
- Selecting Between Workspace Experience and On-premises StoreFront
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- User Authentication
Module 6: Operations and Support in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Smart Tools
- Cloud Connector Operations
- Monitoring your Environment
Module 7: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 8: On-Premises Migration to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
Module 9: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
Module 10: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
- Azure Locations
Module 11: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Host Connections to Azure
Module 12: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 13: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Zones in Azure Regions
Module 14: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 15: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.