ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is the internationally recognized standard for a service management system. It supports the management of the service lifecycle, including the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet agreed requirements, so they deliver value for customers, users and the service provider.
By attending this course you’ll discover how to implement an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018. Using a step-by-step approach with the aid of a toolkit, you’ll learn how to develop an implementation plan, create necessary documentation and implement your SMS.
By attending this BSI training course, you’ll:
- Become familiar with a typical framework for implementing an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Get a sound basis to focus your implementation efforts so that it benefits you and your organization.
- Gain the ability to recognize where adjustments might need to be made, to accommodate your particular situation and progress made to date
- Increase your knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 key concepts and requirements
- Develop the skills to conduct your own baseline review of your organization’s current position with regards to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Understand the certification process and benefit of integrating multiple management systems
You should have a good knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and the key principles of an SMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Requirements course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Recognize a typical framework for implementing ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Interpret key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 from an implementation perspective
- Identify the benefits specific to your organization in relation to implementing an effective SMS
- Prepare for third party certification
You will have the skills to:
- Conduct a baseline review of an organization’s current position with regard to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Create and support the implementation of an action plan
- Implement key requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
Implementing an IT Service Management System based on ISO/IEC 20000-1 Training Course
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.