This course covers Veeam backup and replication software in context of integrations with HPE Primera, HPE 3PAR, HPE Nimble and HPE StoreOnce products. It includes an introduction and review of Veeam, HPE Primera, HPE 3PAR, HPE Nimble, and HPE StoreOnce concepts that are important to know before working with Veeam integrations with HPE products. It also covers theory and features available in Veeam when combined with HPE products, including network-attached storage (NAS) and HPE StoreOnce Catalyst integration, local and remote copy integrations, backup and recovery flow, verification, and best practices. The course includes hands-on labs using Veeam with HPE Primera, HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble storage arrays and HPE StoreOnce backup appliances.
Before attending this course, students must
• Basic VMware® vSphere® administration experience
• Basic understanding of iSCSI, fibre channel, backup, and SAN technologies
• Basic Veeam, HPE Primera, HPE 3PAR, HPE Nimble, and HPE StoreOnce knowledge
Module 1: Veeam Introduction/Review
– Core components
– Data transfer scheme
– Veeam Backup Server
– Veeam Backup Proxy (VMware)
– Veeam Backup Proxy—transport mode (VMware)
– Direct storage SAN access mode (VMware)
– Direct storage NFS access mode (VMware)
– Virtual appliance mode (VMware)
– Network mode (VMware)
– Veeam backup repository
– WAN acceleration
– Full backup
– Incremental backups
– Reverse incremental backup
– Forward incremental backup
– Forever forward incremental versus forward
– Active full and synthetic full
– Backup copy
– Backup copy overview
– Replication (VMware)
– Agent backup
– NAS backup
– Instant VM Recovery (IVMR) introduction
– Instant VM Recovery flow
– Instant VM Recovery for Microsoft Hyper-V
– Full VM recovery
– VM file recovery
– Virtual drive recovery (VMware vSphere only)
– Recovery from a replica
– Objects recovery—Veeam Explorer
– Objects recovery—Instant File-Level Recovery (IFLR)
– SureBackup/SureReplica recovery verification
– SureBackup recovery verification flow
– SureReplica recovery verification flow
– On-demand Sandbox/DataLabs
– Product editions
– Veeam Universal License
– Veeam principal integration points with HPE infrastructure
– HPE and Veeam—integration focus introduction
Module 2: HPE Storage Review
• HPE Primera/HPE 3PAR local replication
• HPE Primera/HPE 3PAR snapshot
• HPE Primera/HPS 3PAR virtual copy
• HPE Primera/HPE 3PAR clone
• HPE Nimble local replication
• HPE Nimble snapshot
• Snapshot life cycle
• Volume collections and schedules
• HPE Nimble zero copy clones
• Recovery scenarios using local replication
Module 3: HPE Storage Review—Remote Replication
• HPE Primera/HPE 3PAR remote replication
• HPE Primera/HPE 3PAR remote copy
– FC-based remote copy
– Native IP-based remote Copy
– Remote copy terminology
• Replication modes
– Synchronous mode
– Asynchronous periodic mode
– Asynchronous streaming mode
– Synchronous long distance mode
– Peer persistence
• HPE Nimble remote replication
– Replication components
– Replication QOS—bandwidth limit
– How replication works—the basics
– Volume collection schedules- more information
– Replication and deduplication note
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.