The Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Solutions (ENSDWI) v2.0 course gives you training about how to design, deploy, configure, and manage your Cisco® Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution in a large-scale live network, including how to migrate from legacy WAN to SD-WAN. You will learn best practices for configuring routing protocols in the data center and the branch, as well as how to implement advanced control, data, and application-aware policies. The course also covers SD-WAN deployment and migration options, placement of controllers, how to deploy WAN Edge devices, and how to configure Direct Internet Access (DIA) breakout. The course looks at the different Cisco SD-WAN security options available, such as application-aware enterprise firewall, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), URL filtering, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) proxy, and Cisco Umbrella® Secure Internet Gateway (SIG).
This course helps you prepare to take the Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Solutions (300-415 ENSDWI) exam which is part of the CCNP® Enterprise certification. You will also earn 32 Continuing Education (CE) credits toward recertification.
How you'll benefit
This course will help you learn to use Cisco SD-WAN to:
- Establish a transport-independent WAN for lower cost and higher flexibility
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for business-critical and real-time applications
- Provide secure end-to-end segmentation for protecting critical enterprise compute resources
- Extend seamlessly into the public cloud
- Optimize the user experience for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Earn 32 CE credits toward recertification
You should have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Knowledge of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) concepts as applied to large-scale live network deployments
- Strong understanding of enterprise WAN design
- Strong understanding of routing protocol operation, including both interior and exterior routing protocol operation
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IP Security (IPSec)
These recommended Cisco offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR)
Who should attend
- System installers
- System integrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Solutions designers
- Describe the Cisco SD-WAN solution and how modes of operation differ in traditional WAN versus SD-WAN
- Describe options for Cisco SD-WAN cloud and on-premises deployment
- Explain how to deploy WAN Edge devices
- Review the Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) process and examine technical specifics for on-premises deployment
- Review the device configuration template and describe new features of device configuration templates
- Describe options for providing scalability, high availability, and redundancy
- Explain how dynamic routing protocols are deployed in an SD-WAN environment, on the service side and transport side
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN policy concepts, which includes how policies are defined, attached, distributed, and applied
- Define and implement advanced control policies, such as policies for custom topologies and service insertion
- Identify and implement advanced data policies, such as policies for traffic engineering and QoS
- Define and implement an Application-Aware Routing (AAR) policy
- Implement Direct Internet Access (DIA) and Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp options
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN security components and integration
- Describe how to design pure and hybrid Cisco SD-WAN solutions, as well as how to perform a migration to Cisco SD-WAN
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN Day-2 operations, such as monitoring, reporting, logging, troubleshooting, and upgrading
- Describe Cisco SD-WAN support for multicast
- Examining the Cisco SD WAN Architecture
- Examining Cisco SD-WAN Deployment Options
- Deploying WAN Edge Devices
- Onboarding WAN Edge Devices with ZTP and PnP
- Using Device Configuration Templates
- Exploring Redundancy, High Availability, and Scalability
- Enabling Service-Side and Transport-Side Routing
- Understanding Cisco SD-WAN Policy Configuration Basics
- Defining Advanced Control Policies
- Implementing AAR
- Examining Direct Internet Access and Cloud Deployment Options
- Exploring Cisco SD-WAN Security
- Designing and Migrating to Cisco SD-WAN
- Performing Cisco SD-WAN Network Management and Troubleshooting
- Examining Cisco SD-WAN Multicast Support
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.