In this course, you will learn to build streaming data analytics solutions using AWS services, including Amazon Kinesis and Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK). Amazon Kinesis is a massively scalable and durable real-time data streaming service. Amazon MSK offers a secure, fully
managed, and highly available Apache Kafka service. You will learn how Amazon Kinesis and Amazon MSK integrate with AWS services such as AWS Glue and AWS Lambda. The course addresses the streaming data ingestion, stream storage, and stream processing components of the data analytics pipeline. You will also learn to apply security, performance, and cost management best practices to the operation of Kinesis and Amazon MSK.
This course is part of the Building Modern Data Analytics Solutions on AWS collection of four, one-day, intermediate-level classroom training courses.
This course is intended for:
- Data engineers and architects
- Developers who want to build and manage real-time applications and streaming data analytics solutions
- Students with a minimum one-year experience managing data analytics solutions or streaming data will benefit from this course
- We suggest the Streaming Data Solutions on AWS whitepaper for those that need a refresher on streaming concepts
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Completed either Architecting on AWS or Data Analytics Fundamentals
- Completed Building Data Lakes on AWS
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the features and benefits of a modern data architecture. Learn how AWS streaming services fit into a modern data architecture.
- Design and implement a streaming data analytics solution
- Identify and apply appropriate techniques, such as compression, sharding, and partitioning, to optimize data storage
- Select and deploy appropriate options to ingest, transform, and store real-time and near real-time data
- Choose the appropriate streams, clusters, topics, scaling approach, and network topology for a particular business use case
- Understand how data storage and processing affect the analysis and visualization mechanisms needed to gain actionable business insights
- Secure streaming data at rest and in transit
- Monitor analytics workloads to identify and remediate problems
- Apply cost management best practices
Module A: Overview of Data Analytics and the Data Pipeline
- Data analytics use cases
- Using the data pipeline for analytics
Module 1: Using Streaming Services in the Data Analytics Pipeline
- The importance of streaming data analytics
- The streaming data analytics pipeline
- Streaming concepts
Module 2: Introduction to AWS Streaming Services
- Streaming data services in AWS
- Amazon Kinesis in analytics solutions
- Demonstration: Explore Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Practice Lab: Setting up a streaming delivery pipeline with Amazon Kinesis
- Using Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics
- Introduction to Amazon MSK
- Overview of Spark Streaming
Module 3: Using Amazon Kinesis for Real-time Data Analytics
- Exploring Amazon Kinesis using a clickstream workload
- Creating Kinesis data and delivery streams
- Demonstration: Understanding producers and consumers
- Building stream producers
- Building stream consumers
- Building and deploying Flink applications in Kinesis Data Analytics
- Demonstration: Explore Zeppelin notebooks for Kinesis Data Analytics
- Practice Lab: Streaming analytics with Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics and Apache Flink
Module 4: Securing, Monitoring, and Optimizing Amazon Kinesis
- Optimize Amazon Kinesis to gain actionable business insights
- Security and monitoring best practices
Module 5: Using Amazon MSK in Streaming Data Analytics Solutions
- Use cases for Amazon MSK
- Creating MSK clusters
- Demonstration: Provisioning an MSK Cluster
- Ingesting data into Amazon MSK
- Practice Lab: Introduction to access control with Amazon MSK
- Transforming and processing in Amazon MSK
Module 6: Securing, Monitoring, and Optimizing Amazon MSK
- Optimizing Amazon MSK
- Demonstration: Scaling up Amazon MSK storage
- Practice Lab: Amazon MSK streaming pipeline and application deployment
- Security and monitoring
- Demonstration: Monitoring an MSK cluster
Module 7: Designing Streaming Data Analytics Solutions
- Use case review
- Class Exercise: Designing a streaming data analytics workflow
Module B: Developing Modern Data Architectures on AWS
- Modern data architectures
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.