Why choose our Microsoft Data Essentials apprenticeship?
QA’s Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 apprenticeship can support your business to be more productive with data and adapt to a modern-day workplace.
Data available to organisations is increasing at scale. How your business leverages it is essential to successful transformation and continued growth.
QA's Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 apprentice will learn to:
- Source, format and present data securely, using Microsoft Excel, Power BI and SQL. Find out more about our additional Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate module below.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes
- Blend data from multiple sources as directed
- Communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience
- Apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data
QA’s Microsoft Data Essential Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables your organisation to:
- Build the capabilities you need throughout your organisation to collect, study, organise and present data, increasing digital adoption and the provision of intelligent and valuable business insights
- Create and develop analysts for the modern workplace by reskilling your existing talent, or hiring new entry-level talent. QA’s programmes, partnerships and recruitment capability enable us to tailor a solution that works for your business
- Provide training that acts as a standalone solution or as part of a wider academy/programme to an array of business functions
Tools and technologies learned
Apprentices will learn to use Microsoft Power BI, Excel and SQL Azure.
Why choose QA
Tech careers started or enhanced through apprenticeships
Success rate for learners on the Data Analyst Level 4 programme
Response time to learner queries
Under 24 hours
Feedback provided on learner submissions
Applicants apply to our apprenticeship programmes every year
Highest overall pass rate
Among UK tech training providers
Best Use of Blended Learning at the Learning Tech Awards 2020
Committed to social mobility, diversity and inclusion
Key partners include Barnardo's, Stemettes and Code First Girls
The Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 programme
Video to come.
Learners benefit from a flexible and blended learning journey, helping them apply technical data solutions to a range of real-life scenarios – gaining valuable workplace skills faster. Here is the timeline of the 17-month Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 programme modules, including Data Mindset in a Digital World, From Data to Insight, Improving Data Quality, Statistics for Decision-Making, Storytelling and Visualisation, and From Data Citizen to Data Specialist.
Additional module: Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate
We are including the MO-200 exam along with the digital resources that is needed to be able to pass the exam. This exam measures competency in the fundamentals of creating and managing worksheets and workbooks, creating cells and ranges, creating tables, applying formulas and functions, and creating charts and objects. The exam covers the ability to create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets and use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data entry logs.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
*Please see the programme guide for full entry requirements
Possible job roles for a Microsoft Data Essentials apprentice
This programme is suitable for multiple roles, such as:
Data Technician, Junior Data Analyst, Marketing Executive, Financial Analyst, Sales Support and HR Analyst.
Download free Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 resources
The Microsoft Data Essentials programme can be funded using the apprenticeship levy, requiring you to only pay up to 5% of the programme. In addition, the government incentive provides employers with up to £4,000 for each new apprentice hired by 31 January 2022.
What our learners say
Looking to become an apprentice?
Your first step is to apply for one of our apprentice jobs.
Start by clicking here and choose the relevant filter to see our current vacancies:
Partnering with you to power potential
We can work together to help recruit tech and digital apprentices or help reskill your existing workforce and provide your business with the in-demand tech skills you need.
Get in touch with us. Our team will respond within 24 hours.