What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by us are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than us are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We categorise cookies as follows:
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies are used by publishers and third party advertisers to track visitors across websites based on your browser and device, to build a profile of your interests and provide adverts that are more relevant and engaging. Disabling these cookies will not prevent or reduce advertising, just make it less relevant.
- Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
From time to time we may have links to other services such as social media or video services on our Website. These third party services may set cookies on your device when you use them. Due to the nature of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies nor control their use. Likewise, these third party services cannot access our session or analytics cookies.
How can you control cookies?
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. You have the right, therefore, to choose whether or not to accept non-essential cookies and to set your own cookie preferences on your device.
QA has implemented a cookie management tool on its websites that allows you to select which of the optional cookie classifications can be set. By choosing not to set some of these cookies certain features of the Website cannot be provided and you may not be able to enjoy the Website to its fullest. When cookie retention settings expire, you will be presented with the cookie management interface to refresh your selection.
Where you wish to review the settings of the cookies on subsequent visits, you can clear the cookies from your browser and the management tool will reappear to allow you to review and select appropriate cookies. All web browsers are different and to learn how to change your cookie preferences, check the "Help" menu of your browser. For the remaining QA sites not currently operating the cookie management tool, settings should be managed in line with browser instructions.
For more information about cookies, cookie management and how to control cookies within your browser, please see the allaboutcookies.org website.
Cookies notification and control
On our Websites that utilise the cookie management tool, this provides real-time information of the cookies used by the site and presents the user with a tool giving granular control.
On websites where we have not yet deployed the cookie management tool, a list of cookies is available on request, and settings should be managed in line with browser instructions.
Updates to this Cookie Notice
The date at the top of this Cookie Notice indicates when it was last updated.